manfrommuc

Pattern Wanted For A Portmanteau

Hi,

if anybody have or know where to get a pattern of this kind of luggage please let me know..

Portmanteau.jpg

thx

Johann

post-6206-127234881708_thumb.jpg

It looks to me a little like the old time doctors bag. You might find something similar in the Tandy Motorcycle pattern pack.

charlie

Johann,

Here is a link to another image of a portmanteau that would give you another couple looks to make one on your own...even with dimensions given. I'll send more links if I find them. I'm looking for the same thing...

http://www.tstarleather.com/portmanteau.htm

Here is a link with some more images, as well as prices for finished pieces.

http://www.colonialmarket.com/pepe/ports.html

Sparks

<br><br>

Hi,

if anybody have or know where to get a pattern of this kind of luggage please let me know..

thx

Johann

Edited by Sparks

Why don't you make your own pattern ? It doesn't look like theirs a whole to it and it should be easy to make out of some poster board.

ther's a similar bog in the tandy motorcycle pattern pack, you only have to enlarge it on the copymachine ;-).

hope this helps ?

Cheers.

But if you should find a pattern of this portmanteau, please let me know aswell (for my pattern collection I started in the beginning of this year)

Gunter

Aha!

I found one.

There is a pattern for a portmanteau located on pages 211-215 in The Book of Buckskinning II. Published by Scurlock Publishing.

Sparks

Hi,

thx

Johann

I see that the book is now out of print...but there are several for sale on Amazon.com as used books.

Sparks

Aha!

I found one.

There is a pattern for a portmanteau located on pages 211-215 in The Book of Buckskinning II. Published by Scurlock Publishing.

Sparks

hey fellow crafters,

is there anyone inhere who has this book and is willing to make a pdf of these pages?

cheers,

Gunter

This would be a good opportunity to practice your pattern making, this is a relatively easy project. I've made a few dozen bags for bikes along the same lines including a larger one for just keeping my Rendezvous stuff in.

1065134909033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Pretty much the same thing. I didn't make a pattern just drew it out on graph paper 1/4" to the inch to get the ball park proportions then cut it out and assembled.

2570387540033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Call leathercrafters and saddle mans journal and see if they can find the article they published several years ago. They print out the complete article weather it's in one issue or spans several for you. You pay them for the article and not the complete issues.