I am purchasing my first airbrush in the next couple of days (badger model 250), and would like some help with knowing the mixture ratio to use my fiebings white latex dye. I have also heard that mixing with rubbing alcohol instead of water is a good idea for dry times and even coating, as well as keeping your brush clean. Any veteran airbrush users with advice out there for me?

As far as I know, water should not be used with Fiebings dyes because they are not water based. Some folk use isopropyl alcohol but I use denatured alcohol. I have not used the white latex, in fact this is the first I hear about it so will look it up.

I've done research in airbrushing but don't have an airbrush. From what I read airbrushing dye won't penetrate as much as dip dyeing or with sheepskin. If the leather needs to be penetrated all the way through it is questionable.

Angelus acrylic paint has been used with success by sneaker customizers on nike shoes and should work on vegtan but I have never tried it. It also doesn't crack or require finishing, although light colours may need to be airbrushed as a base coat before a darker colour is sprayed.

Thank you, that helps a lot. I am just waiting for my hose to arrive, then my bag will be finished.