Sign in to follow this  
JimC

Here's How To Ship A Sewing Machine...

I had not dealt with Robeson Sewing Machine in Tennessee before, but they had an Adler at a good price. With no developed expectations, I figured I would probably need TIG and a rolling toolbox before I got to sew...

To my surprise, UPS Freight (I avoid regular Ground) rolled up with this!

adler1.JPG

adler2.JPG

Yes, I was expecting the machine, just not careful attention to what happens between their shipping dock and my front door. The small print always says; "F-off. Take it up with the trucker." .. but the reality is, the shipper has to consider the trucker just found out his dispatcher - is dispatching the trucker's wife... or the guy running the forklift will certainly spear the base of a table held down with butcher's twine.

In the age of the internet where we can rage about poor service, we should also pile on praise when merited.

I have not had a machine this heavy in here for 20+yrs... A new toy that looks like a lot of fun. (I tell my wife it is 'work'.) Cheers.

Jim

Also got Bob at Toledo Sew Mach to send me one of his modified servo motors. Got a 51" narrow V-belt .. and it all works. I love servo motors, I am funny about the gratuitous noise of a constantly running motor.

Jim

Awesome, cant let the wife know it's not work. I enjoyed your post, thanks for the chuckle

John