Friend of mine has a Leatherman and the belt loop on the nylon (blech!) case ripped so he asked me to make him a leather one. Here is my finished product. Not too bad for working with leather this thick for the first time and doing wet forming for the first time. My hand sewing needs some practice too.

post-4316-034621300 1286170345_thumb.jpg

post-4316-078527100 1286170356_thumb.jpg

post-4316-082392600 1286170371_thumb.jpg

post-4316-032176800 1286170381_thumb.jpg

post-4316-012307600 1286170388_thumb.jpg

I think you did a very nice job!

The leatherman cases I make are similar to the original design, a folded case. I like this style you've made very much.

Ann

HI Paul;;

looks good Paul,, nicely done ...thanks for sharing ...Doc...

Great job for being your first with thick leather. Sewing will get better in time. We have to take those baby steps at one time.

The thing about making things yourself for family/friends or yourself is that you make it to how they/you want it.

Keep up the good work and keep em coming. We like folks to share their works.

Njoy Life...

Good work Dragon! Did you hand sew or machine? Been meaning to make a Leatherman sheath too to hold the screw driver attachments..

Friend of mine has a Leatherman and the belt loop on the nylon (blech!) case ripped so he asked me to make him a leather one. Here is my finished product. Not too bad for working with leather this thick for the first time and doing wet forming for the first time. My hand sewing needs some practice too.

Good work Dragon! Did you hand sew or machine? Been meaning to make a Leatherman sheath too to hold the screw driver attachments..

Sewed it all by hand. Got to get a better system for making the holes lol. Thick leather and all. I just looked at a few designs and winged it. I know what to do differently next time tho. I can spot a few mistakes on it. But, not bad for a first attempt and he was happy to get it and likes it. That's what counts!

Thanks for all the replies folks!

very nice job! :D

i'm currently looking for a pattern to make this, but with a second flap/holder for a small LED flashlight.

Nice work. I hope to do as well on my knife project.

Rickey