Well, not foe an icebear hunter but he gave me free hands on design so what the heck...I've been wanting to carve this one for a long time and finally got to do it.

Some greyish areas can be see in the stampings of the thinner part. This is wax from Aussie leather conditioner. Any pointers on how to avoid this would be appreciated because I don't dare using it for carvings anymore. The sheepskin just won't get it all off when buffing.

Any critioques welcome, edges is a tad on the rough side, I know that.

Tom

IMG_8085_01.jpg

IMG_9747_01.jpg

IMG_9748_01.jpg

IMG_9750_01.jpg

post-5146-1246383619_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1246383646_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1246383660_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1246383693_thumb.jpg

Now that's cool!

The coloring is perfect, not white-white. I like it!

i like it great job

Love love your Polar bear...

The tummy's my favvo part, it looks soft enought o lay your head on:-)

Haha great work Tom.

As far as the grey areas are you talking about after you put on the aussie wax you get greyish looking areas.

I know when I use it I gotta let it dry for a day or so then it buffs out nicely and leaves a mellow sheen to it.

Now that's cool!

The coloring is perfect, not white-white. I like it!

Thanks Casey!!

I used cova colour diluted to a milk looking apperance and painted with a brush, making certain areas to have more "shinethrough" from the black leather underneath. It is sealed with a layer of leathersheen. It looked alot better without the sheen but this area will suffer from grabbing (sweaty??) hands and possibly rains to so had to seal it thoroughly. All the rest of the strap is Aussie conditioner and a top coat of leather balm.

i like it great job

Thank you David!!

Love love your Polar bear...

The tummy's my favvo part, it looks soft enought o lay your head on:-)

Thank you sis!!

Yeah this bear is a real sweetie!

Haha great work Tom.

As far as the grey areas are you talking about after you put on the aussie wax you get greyish looking areas.

I know when I use it I gotta let it dry for a day or so then it buffs out nicely and leaves a mellow sheen to it.

Thank you Madmax!!

have 4 belts ordered asap delivery and need to solve this quick, lol. The way I got with the gray areas on this strap is not acceptable so prolly just use leather balm for them but I'm gonna test the way you suggest allthough I think this one was sitting overnight with the aussie (I made it several months ago so memory fails).

Tom

Some greyish areas can be see in the stampings of the thinner part. This is wax from Aussie leather conditioner. Any pointers on how to avoid this would be appreciated because I don't dare using it for carvings anymore. The sheepskin just won't get it all off when buffing.

Tom, try using a horsehair shoe brush for buffing the wax finish. It can get into the impressions better, and make the finish as perfect down in the impressions as it is over the surface areas.

Cute polar bear! Heheh!

Kate

Love it Tom!! Great job. I like that bear.

Art

Tom, try using a horsehair shoe brush for buffing the wax finish. It can get into the impressions better, and make the finish as perfect down in the impressions as it is over the surface areas.

Cute polar bear! Heheh!

Kate

Thanks Kate!!

I'll have a look around and see if I can find such a brush. We do have horses so chances are.

Love it Tom!! Great job. I like that bear.

Art

Thank you Art!!

He is a cute little fella'!!

I have more drawings with him so hope I get the chance to do them too in the future.

Tom

Well, not foe an icebear hunter but he gave me free hands on design so what the heck...I've been wanting to carve this one for a long time and finally got to do it.

Any critioques welcome, edges is a tad on the rough side, I know that.

Tom

Love the bear Tom!!! He looks like he has had a few beers? lol !!!!

Nice job on him Tom!!!

Rick J.

Love the bear Tom!!! He looks like he has had a few beers? lol !!!!

Nice job on him Tom!!!

Rick J.

He he thanks alot Rick!!

Perhaps he's a icebeer then;-)

:cheers:

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Dude this is cool. Funny but cool bear. I like it. What black did you use on this? I'm having trouble with my eco-black. UGH!

Thanks Spider!! Sorry I missed your reply until now!

I use Fiebings pro oil dye. I really like to work with it, it gives a good shining black when you buff but gotta say the leather plays a big role too. The leather I used here is a lot better than what I normally get.

Tom