Sign in to follow this  
Robbin1

New Here...New to Braiding

I just learned to braid this weekend! I'm really excited to have learned the basics and can't wait to to start making real pieces. My teacher has me braiding buttons on a mandrel now, however, I was allowed to braid this key chain before I had to leave for home. I'm very proud of it!

robbinkeychain.jpg

post-12691-125988560626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robbin1

WOW! Your a natural, that is nice work.

Keep at it and keep posting.

WOW sure wish my first project looked that good. You are off to a great start.

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you are off to a very good start. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rob

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking work. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Mike

Thank you for the warm welcome and nice compliments! I was lucky to get a good start from a good friend. Thank goodness she's just a phone call away!

Thats a nice piece, your definately skilled with it. SO what have you done previously with your hands? Knotwork of some other variety?

I used to do a bit of macrame when I was a kid, but only worked with the basic square knot. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the creative process, and I think that's what is attracting me to leather braiding! To be honest, (while I love it) I am finding the learning process completely frustrating! (I doubled the stregth of my reading glasses, lol!) I plan on sticking with it though; I want to get past the learning and start creating beautiful pieces like the ones I'm seeing here on this board! I think I'm off to a good start, although, that is only because I am lucky enough to have learned from a great teacher, Entiendo, who also had a great mentor, Maeve, both members of this board!

This board is a great resource, I'm glad it's around!

I'm so glad you are here. Keep at it and we can talk braiding! Can't wait!