Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

New Belt For A Friend

I made this belt for a buddy of mine. Turned out better than I thought. So finally something for someone other than me. Thanks for all of the help and guidance.

Jon

post-27800-046721200 1335278831_thumb.jp

post-27800-022051100 1335278849_thumb.jp

post-27800-057645000 1335279031_thumb.jp

Guess it sucks............................................But he loved it.....................So much for my future contributions.................

Looks good! Can I ask how you attached the lining?

The lining was an afterthought. I used a Tandy blank and stopped the lining at the skive end. Didn't want to remove the snaps. Then the snaps wouldn't stay closed so out they came and replaced with rivets. I used Barg's contact cement for the lining. The neat thing was that the belt was finished, edges and all when I decided to line it. This gave me a very nice clean line between the black belt edge and the light lining. Sometimes, you mess up and it turns out to be something nice. Thanks for asking.

Jon

Nice Belt

So would you do the lining like that again? what is the lining material?

I often screw up and find a way to bail things out...some times for the better than originally planned

Nice Belt

So would you do the lining like that again? what is the lining material?

I often screw up and find a way to bail things out...some times for the better than originally planned

No I plan on lining my belts with my blanks. the plan is cement and then stitch. This one just was a differnt animal, but I learned. Lining is 2/3 oz. I bought from Springfield. I also recieved this hide today, so I have more practice material. That's a 9 foot counter top.

post-27800-031584900 1335322816_thumb.jp

No I plan on lining my belts with my blanks. the plan is cement and then stitch. This one just was a differnt animal, but I learned. Lining is 2/3 oz. I bought from Springfield. I also recieved this hide today, so I have more practice material. That's a 9 foot counter top.

post-27800-031584900 1335322816_thumb.jp

Oh man, now I officially have leather envy. lol

Nice belt! Your friend is lucky to get that. How much time do you figure you have before his buddies see it and you get mobbed?

I think I have leather envy too--that was one big steer.