hamradio

Tiny Conway Buckles?

Hello! I hate to make my first post a question, but,

Is anyone aware of a supplier of brass or nickel-plated conway buckles in relatively small sizes?

I recently bought twenty of these, in hopes they would work on a project:

http://store.ryanspr...m/1cobubr1.html

Upon receiving them, I realized they are way too big. 7oz leather doubled over in it looks kind of ridiculous, and the hole the center post requires is around 11/64". Far heavier duty and larger than my little thing requires.

I had been previously using cheap center bar buckles identical to this:

!B9,L9rg!mk~$(KGrHqIOKpQEy+jCyCRJBM5s7GG-Mg~~0_35.JPG

This buckle allowed me to use a 5/64" hole, which I preferred over the large hole. The down side to this buckle was that it would sometimes snag clothing in my application and open up slightly. The conway buckle seemed to be the answer to my problem, until I discovered that finding small sizes is difficult.

The strap end I'm using with these buckles is a hair shy of 1/2" wide. The cheap brass 1/2" conway buckle I dealt with ended up being more in the neighborhood of .53" wide. My center bar buckles were a little closer to .5". It appears that all of the 1/2" conway buckles I'm finding around the 'net are exactly the same as the ones I'm currently dealing with...very thick, beefy, and a large center post. I'm hunting for something with a smaller center post that isn't as beefy. Anything out there?

Thanks!

-Devan

Springfield has 1/2" conways.

It might be worth a call to ask if they can order anything smaller.

Edited by Tree Reaper

Try buckleguy.com. They had a few items I couldn't find anywhere else. Just got my first order. Very happy with products and service.

Ohio Travel Bag may have what you need.

Good Luck.

Ray