JLD

Manufacturer for Headstalls in Mexico

Hi,

My suplier of headstalls, braided reins etc has recently fallen victim to the US economy and I am looking for a new suplier for my store in Australia. Do any of you known any manufacturers where I could source my gear from.

Johanne

The Horsemans Shop

I really have no idea but Oregon leather sells stuff like that but i do not know if you can resell it

I've had good luck using products from Weaver Leather. Not sure about their retailer requirements. A lot of my training gear is from Weaver because it's always been sturdy and reasonably priced. Only problems I have ever had is their stuff is built heavy duty and takes a while to get broken in to the feel I like.

Try Beilers in Pennsylvania. They build tack to order. I wouldn't outsource anything to Mexico. Anytime I've come across Mexican tack or saddlery in a saddle or tack shop its been absolute junk...i.e Buffalo Saddlery. At one time, way back in the forties and before, there were some fine saddle makers in Mexico. My advice would be that if you want to sell your customers the lowest quality tack available to human kind then by all means, outsource it to Mexico.

Here is Beiler's contact info:

Beiler's Mfg. & Supply

290 S. Groffdale Road

Leola, PA 17540

Phone: 717-656-2179

Fax: 717-661-7228

No, I think you can get lower grade leather products from India. Absolutely terrible!!! There is a lot of it floating around Australia.

Tony.

I don't make horse gear but from what I see on this forum and one other I am a member of there are quite a few people in oz that could make the stuff for you

china

Hi,

My suplier of headstalls, braided reins etc has recently fallen victim to the US economy and I am looking for a new suplier for my store in Australia. Do any of you known any manufacturers where I could source my gear from.

Johanne

The Horsemans Shop

Hello , I make a pretty nice work headstall ,harness leather,tie ends or with knots on the ends,with a real nice long stainless steel cart buckle on them. Both 1 ear ($40) and browband with throat latch($60). They are really nice and used by some of the top western pleasure and reining horse trainers in the country.My harness leather reins are really nice,both 1/2" wide and 5/8" are big sellers here in the states.$30 and $32.50 respectaly. That is just some of what I make,If I can help let me know. Thanks , Clint Haverty

Try this:

Federico De Obeso [federico.deobeso@feansriendaleather.com]

michi from

Westernsaddlery California Ranch