rawhide1

Chap Patterns

Howdy all

I'm in the need for a couple of patterns. I need a pattern for show chaps for kids and I also need a pattern for rodeo chaps for a adult..I looked at MarkB site and I'll I saw was chinks and armitas. I'd be willing to pay for the patterns. So if someone could point me in the right direction or sell me a copy of their patterns. It would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks, Mike

Mike, . . . I'm 3 pairs of chaps and one pair of chinks ahead of you in the "chap learning" curve.

Cody, has given me some good ideas.

Don't waste your money on either chap pack sold at Tandy's, . . . they look and fit like something out of a bad "B" movie.

I bought a pattern pack from Bob Klenda, of Klenda saddlery, . . . (google him), . . . I liked his # 33 Arizona chaps best. $15 for the pack. I made a couple of adjustments to his pattern, . . . and I like the end product.

Also, . . . go on line, . . . get the 40% off coupon from JoAnn Fabric, . . . get 2 yards of their $17 a yard naughahyde, . . . it'll make a full adult set of chaps in the legs, . . . and is a whole lot cheaper than leather. I made my first two pairs from it, . . . learned a lot, . . . and did not break the bank.

I'm keeping both as "try on" pairs for hopefully, . . . future customers.

You can also look on Ebay, . . . there were some kids chaps there that were really cheap, . . . might start there for a pattern.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight

Thanks for the info. and tips. I'll look Mr. Klenda up. Great idea on the Naugahyde to. I'll have to check out ebay.

Thanks again, mike

Dwight - -

Thank you. That Naugahyde idea of yours is brilliant.