skegfish

Help With Adler 267 Gk 373

Hiall, Just found a great machine for cheap. Adler 267 gk 373 in good to great shape.

Seems to be some parts missing and need to know some other rudamentry things as well.

Where would be the best place to find an instruction booklet, have been looking but don't see this model.

Parts book would be a help as well. Got it all cleaned and oiled and ready to test drive.

Thanks for any help that arrives.... JeffinPA

Hello Jeffin,

You must look in the Dürkopp Adler’s European web site.

Here is the link direct to the 267 in the download area.

http://www.duerkopp-adler.com/en/main/Support/downloads/index.html?action=search&prop0=%2Fcommons%2Fdownload%2Fpublic%2F267%2F&prop1=

You will find everything you need there. The 267 is still produced in two subclasses (I am not 100 % sure about the subclasses) 267-273, 2 needle and 267-373 single needle both for leather work . I have a 267 subclass ; K267-990065-373. With an Efka dc 1600 needle position servo motor.

It is a good and reliable machine, I am very happy with it. Especially the Efka DC motor system. I also have the forerunner the Adler 67-73. This one had a clutch motor; I replaced this with a 600 W servo and speed reducer from Cobra Steve. It now works very well. (I am selling the 67; I do not need two of the same class)

They both have max 7 mm stitch length and will sew up to 3/8 of an inch in leather.

Your machine 267-GK373 uses needle system 134-35 up to size 150 (metric) and tread size synthetic Nm 30/3 This according to my manual. However, it will also work with one or two sizes thicker tread for sure. I use my 267 for upholstery and light leather works. I have bigger Adler machines for thick leather.

What parts are missing? You can get parts for this machine everywhere. Where are you based? Just ask if you need more info. If you have a picture of the machine, of the missing part area. It will make things a little easier.

I hope this was at some help.

Trox

Hiall, Just found a great machine for cheap. Adler 267 gk 373 in good to great shape.

Seems to be some parts missing and need to know some other rudamentry things as well.

Where would be the best place to find an instruction booklet, have been looking but don't see this model.

Parts book would be a help as well. Got it all cleaned and oiled and ready to test drive.

Thanks for any help that arrives.... JeffinPA

Hello Jeffin,

You must look in the Dürkopp Adler's European web site.

Here is the link direct to the 267 in the download area.

=

You will find everything you need there. The 267 is still produced in two subclasses (I am not 100 % sure about the subclasses) 267-273, 2 needle and 267-373 single needle both for leather work . I have a 267 subclass ; K267-990065-373. With an Efka dc 1600 needle position servo motor.

It is a good and reliable machine, I am very happy with it. Especially the Efka DC motor system. I also have the forerunner the Adler 67-73. This one had a clutch motor; I replaced this with a 600 W servo and speed reducer from Cobra Steve. It now works very well. (I am selling the 67; I do not need two of the same class)

They both have max 7 mm stitch length and will sew up to 3/8 of an inch in leather.

Your machine 267-GK373 uses needle system 134-35 up to size 150 (metric) and tread size synthetic Nm 30/3 This according to my manual. However, it will also work with one or two sizes thicker tread for sure. I use my 267 for upholstery and light leather works. I have bigger Adler machines for thick leather.

What parts are missing? You can get parts for this machine everywhere. Where are you based? Just ask if you need more info. If you have a picture of the machine, of the missing part area. It will make things a little easier.

I hope this was at some help.

Trox

Trox, Thanks that link worked for the general instructions. The parts that seem to be missing are on the thread tention plate at the front. I have the bottom spring take-up tentioner, bottom left corner. I see two other devices there as well, top left looks like thread guide and center look like main thread trention knob. I'm missing the last two. Going to try an old tentioner off another machine for now and try to get the stock set-up if that does'nt work. Other than that the machine feels very smooth and looked new inside. thanks for the help. jeffinPA

Hi JeffinPa,

I just bought those same part of Duerkopp Adler Norway (Norway is a High cost country) It was only about 12 USD for a complete thread tensioner. You can use any tensioner or knob, but the adjustabel thread guide, top left on the plate is very necesseary. Without it the thread slack will be to large and catch some other part and jam the machine. Weaver leather have everything for the 267 (you are US based?) Several Dealer on the forum sell DA parts as well, like Campbell Randall and Toledo Bob bob. The take up lever is also adjustebal, if the top thread slack still is to big ( I had that problem on mine).

What color is your machine, is is a change in the machines 2003. But the tension parts are the same. If it is without position drive you can buy this system from Cobra Steve. About 200 USD, is is not as good as Efka but is a tenth of the price, together with a speed reducer you will have a very good machine. The motor makes the machine. Special sewing foot`s is easy to find. U can use the same as the Adler`s 67, 69, 68, 167 , 168

and 268. But the Adler 467 and 767 uses a different foot.

Good luck with your new machine ( but you will not need it, it is the top of the line German quality)

Greetings

Trox

Trox, Thanks that link worked for the general instructions. The parts that seem to be missing are on the thread tention plate at the front. I have the bottom spring take-up tentioner, bottom left corner. I see two other devices there as well, top left looks like thread guide and center look like main thread trention knob. I'm missing the last two. Going to try an old tentioner off another machine for now and try to get the stock set-up if that does'nt work. Other than that the machine feels very smooth and looked new inside. thanks for the help. jeffinPA