SooperJake

Custom Magazine Carriers - Design Preferences

Do you find a particular style / design seems to sell more often than another? Singles vs. doubles? Do you limit your offering?

After a lot of wasted time trying to produce a "line" I settled on one pattern, one mag, will work left or righty, pancake design.

My customers love it, . . . that makes me happy.

May God bless,

Dwight

I sell a lot of doubles for 1911's. I sell more doubles in my hybrids in all calibers, mostly for IDPA shooters. I had the unpleasant experience of making a leather double mag holder for a friends Para Warthog double stack .45. Good grief that thing was massive! I've pretty much got set styles for each, and like Dwight they are pretty much reversible. Just change the direction the bullets face. I was trying to do mine like the flat back holsters I make, but the doubles were giving me fits. Even the single stack 1911. I finally just set down and patterned them out one night like you would a standard holster. My life is much easier now.

Most of my mag pouch orders are low profile singles, I imagine because they are a cost effective way of adding a mag carrier to a holster order. My personal favorite is a pancake with a strong forward cant, surprised I don't sell more of those.

I make two styles: A double pancake and a quick-detachable double that is joined with chicago screws. Some likeone, some like the other.

tk