billio8

What Colors Are More Suited To Decorate Motorcycle Saddle?

Hello since colors experimenting and by me in Italy this art isn't known I wanted advice since I have to buy colors in america

What colors are more suited to decorate motorcycle saddle?

TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLO COVA COLOR ACRYLIC or TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLOW LEATHER DYE ?

and to give effect to the old skin?

TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLOW MAHOGANY GEL ANTIQUE or FIEBINGS ACRYLIC ANTIQUE LEATHER STAIN ??

Thanks for your help since I discovered this site pass many hours per day to try to understand as possible of this art

Billio8

Edited by billio8

Hello since colors experimenting and by me in Italy this art isn't known I wanted advice since I have to buy colors in america

What colors are more suited to decorate motorcycle saddle?

TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLO COVA COLOR ACRYLIC or TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLOW LEATHER DYE ?

and to give effect to the old skin?

TANDY LEATHER ECO-FLOW MAHOGANY GEL ANTIQUE or FIEBINGS ACRYLIC ANTIQUE LEATHER STAIN ??

Thanks for your help since I discovered this site pass many hours per day to try to understand as possible of this art

Billio8

Hey Billio, my recomendation as far as Motorcycle saddles would be to steer clear of the Eco Flo Line, I wouldnt consider using anything but spirit based dyes like Fiebings or Angelus.

Colors are a personal choice of yourself or your customer. However, I agree with Rick, stay away from all thing ECO-FLO when dealing with motorcycle seats/saddles! ECO-FLO colors are water based and they WILL rub off on your clothes no matter how hard you try to stop it!

I prefer Fiebing's alcohol/spirit dyes also. They don't wear off, don't stain your clothes, doesn't get lighter over time and gives a nice even coverage when applying.

If you plan on making your project BLACK, there is always the "Vinegroon" technique.

Colors are a personal choice of yourself or your customer. However, I agree with Rick, stay away from all thing ECO-FLO when dealing with motorcycle seats/saddles! ECO-FLO colors are water based and they WILL rub off on your clothes no matter how hard you try to stop it!

I prefer Fiebing's alcohol/spirit dyes also. They don't wear off, don't stain your clothes, doesn't get lighter over time and gives a nice even coverage when applying.

If you plan on making your project BLACK, there is always the "Vinegroon" technique.

thanks for advice ... sorry is the technique vinegroon "????

thanks for advice ... sorry is the technique vinegroon "????

Click HERE for more information about the Vinegroon Technique....

Thanks

I'll try to do vinegroom :thumbsup:

other questions my first seat was stained black with alcohol

post-15022-049659700 1282758073_thumb.jp

why he lost almost all color? where I went wrong??

post-15022-020423500 1282758544_thumb.jp

Edited by billio8

Thanks

I'll try to do vinegroom :thumbsup:

other questions my first seat was stained black with alcohol

post-15022-049659700 1282758073_thumb.jp

why he lost almost all color? where I went wrong??

After you dyed it, did you seal it with something? Satin Sheen? Resolene? Aussie Wax??

It looks to me like you used water based dye. No matter how hard you try, water based dyes will ALWAYS FADE!

thanks for the friendship...

no color I used to have alcohol I put his time polishing Protective natural fat and often may not have the right product

I'll try coloring again and finally put resolene

How can uniform color with color alcohol??

to prevent stains and various types of shades??

thanks Billio8

Edited by billio8

I've been working on some seats and I was using cova color. I havent had any problems yet but am considering changing over to Fiebings. I was looking on there website and I see several kinds.

There are some called Acrylic Dyeor Acrylic Dye pack, and other named Leathercolors. Which is best to bye for motorcycle seats?

I greatly apprecieate your advice especially after wasting money on stuff I wont be able to use.