harnessman

Singer Class 7 Sewing Machine For Sale

Hi All

Ok, it is official! One of the guys I work with approached me wondering if I know how he could sell a class 7 Singer flat bed machine. He is closing down and selling off the old family shoe repair business and all the equipment in it. I went and looked at it today and it is a beast! Mounted on a huge very solid table and all the old cast iron foot pedals. It is motor driven and runs and stitches like the fine machine it is. It is current and in excellent condition, he just recently replaced the entire bobbin carrier to the tune of over $300 and had it all tuned up by one of the best sewing machine mechanics in the area. Strong 120v single phase clutch motor and heavy duty work table with extension included. This thing is primo! If I had the room, and the use, I would snap it up but I haven't got the room and the wife would shoot me! If anyone is interested I can relay the info. He is asking $5k but would consider all reasonable offers. Shipping might be an option, but it probably will not be cheep. NO, he will not sell just the head, comes complete as shown in pictures. Pick up would be highly desireable. Please PM me with any offers as the owner does not have computer access. Located in Sheboygan Wisconsin, about 45 miles north of Milwaukee.

Thanks

Jim

class-7-3.jpg

class-7-1.jpg

class-7-2.jpg

class-7-4.jpg

class-7-5.jpg

post-10216-126453350837_thumb.jpg

post-10216-126453352084_thumb.jpg

post-10216-126453353459_thumb.jpg

post-10216-126453354522_thumb.jpg

post-10216-126453356224_thumb.jpg

Is it me, or does that machine look a little like a 144 or 145?

Art

Hi All

Ok, it is official! One of the guys I work with approached me wondering if I know how he could sell a class 7 Singer flat bed machine. He is closing down and selling off the old family shoe repair business and all the equipment in it. I went and looked at it today and it is a beast! Mounted on a huge very solid table and all the old cast iron foot pedals. It is motor driven and runs and stitches like the fine machine it is. It is current and in excellent condition, he just recently replaced the entire bobbin carrier to the tune of over $300 and had it all tuned up by one of the best sewing machine mechanics in the area. Strong 120v single phase clutch motor and heavy duty work table with extension included. This thing is primo! If I had the room, and the use, I would snap it up but I haven't got the room and the wife would shoot me! If anyone is interested I can relay the info. He is asking $5k but would consider all reasonable offers. Shipping might be an option, but it probably will not be cheep. NO, he will not sell just the head, comes complete as shown in pictures. Pick up would be highly desireable. Please PM me with any offers as the owner does not have computer access. Located in Sheboygan Wisconsin, about 45 miles north of Milwaukee.

Thanks

Jim

Art, your correct it's a 144w,at least it has reverse.

Bob

Art, your correct it's a 144w,at least it has reverse.

Bob

Hi Bob

How can I tell for sure what it is? Obviously I know very little about this vintage Iron except that it is huge, and what I was told by the owner. Where do I need to look and for what to tell exactly what it is.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

There is a plaque under the Singer seal that will read 144w??? this is the model place of manufacture and sub-model number. Example 144w304

Art

Hi Bob

How can I tell for sure what it is? Obviously I know very little about this vintage Iron except that it is huge, and what I was told by the owner. Where do I need to look and for what to tell exactly what it is.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

There is a plaque under the Singer seal that will read 144w??? this is the model place of manufacture and sub-model number. Example 144w304

Art

Hi Bob, Art

Yep, you guys were right! That is one of the things I like the most about this forum, the tremendous amount of information that is freely shared makes it a phenominal asset!

Anyway, the name plate has the numbers 144WSV33. The Clutch motor is a old Singer 1/2 horse 3500rpm 6amp unit. Regardless, it is still one big brute of a machine that will easily stitch through two pieces of 1/4" sole leather so If anyone is interested it is a very good, well maintained heavy duty machine and the owner is open to offers, and knows he will probably not come close to the 5k he was hopping for.

Thanks

Jim

Hi All

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim, that is not a class 7 singer. lt is however a 144 or 145 long arm. If you ever find a class 7 machine it will look something like this The head alone weighs around 200 lbs.

post-12567-127834925597_thumb.jpeg

Edited by busted