Redochre

From Fabricator With Epilepsy To Letherworker & Having To Learn Everything Twice.

Hi everyone.

My name is Andy & I have been attempting leatherwork on & off for the last 3 years

In 2010 I developed epilepsy in the form of partial seizures so I had to quit being a fabricator/welder. Since then I have started many hobbies but the one to stick is leather, I lose sleep at night trying to figure things out or think of new techniques to try. I love it. If I need something leather related I sell something on eBay to buy it.

The problem is I can't safely use a pc, I have trouble taking in written information & usually have to learn things twice because my brain goes a little ape shit on me & likes to delete things... So it's been a bumby road to learn new skills.

The way I got around this was watching YouTube videos on my phone THANK YOU NIGEL ARMITAGE & IAN ATKINSON!!! They are pioneers & deserve more recognition for that. Nige in particular is not even close to being as popular on youtube as he deserves. They hours upon hours of stitching I have done still does not come even close to these guys but I keep trying in their honour.

One good thing I can bring to the table... As a rule memories before 2010 are generally safe from my brains lightning storms so I can remember how to mark out, cut & develop patterns usually stress free & I would to spread this knowledge on here.... Only thing is, the forum won't except photos from my nexus 7. I'd love to do a tutorial on how to draw a square using dividers & a rule.

Andy;

If it will help I can give you my personal email and you can send them to me and I'll post them along with your write up.

Kevin

Hi reaper.

That could work(insert relevant smiley here....the forum really doesn't like my tablet). Thank you.

Though if there was a way to do it without inconveniencing other members that would be great *cough* mods *cough*....what....

It will most likely be Monday I'll get it done.