Sign in to follow this  
dfd

Need Pattern For Bullet Pouch

I would like to make a small stiff case with a flap to hang on my belt to hold .22 caliber bullets.I have Al Stohlman's "Making Leather Cases" but not sure if this is what I'm looking for.Are the wood forms the best way to go?

Edited by dfd

Are you looking for something like this?

post-19342-066012400 1328243426_thumb.jp

Edited by Tree Reaper

I've made a few of the ammo cases in those books. Wood forms are definitely the way to go! And make sure to screw a metal loop into them to aid in pulling them out after everything's been all sewn up.

Looking more for something with separate attached sides or gusset.

Then I would use the playing card case pattern, but use a box of the right size as your form. Maybe the cartridge case on page 27 is more what you want. If you don't want to mess with wood forms, another option might be HDPE plastic. Depends on what is easier for you to get hold of. I use the plastic because I live in a city with a local plastics supplier comfortable working with poor artists on small projects, and there are few lumber yards. If the wood forms are easier fir you to source, that's what I'd use.