BearMan

My new tool rack

Hi everybody,

Well,,, I'm Finally moved in, & have my new shop somewhat setup. My first project was to build a tool rack, to hold most of my stamping/carving tools. I happen to have some Mahogany on hand, so thats what I used. I tried to leave some space for expantion. We can never have "too" many tools,,,right? What do you think??? Take care, Ed

tool_rack_12.jpg

tool_rack_22.jpg

tool_rack_32.jpg

tool_rack_42.jpg

tool_rack_52.jpg

tool_rack_62.jpg

post-7175-1232148770_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1232148792_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1232148806_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1232148821_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1232148834_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1232148845_thumb.jpg

WOW.....and I am having an hard time coming up with a slanted "project" tool rack (you know it hold about 6-8 tools and 1-2 knifes). I want it slanted towards the worker. This tool rack is going to be left at my Tandy LF where my Guild meets just because I feel like I am carrying a worksite box everytime I go in there to meet the O.F.C. club.

Anyways, yours came out way more better than I could have dreamed of so far. Ways to you!!

Greetings from Round Rock, Tx

Very nice. I have the wood rack from Tandy, and its full. I am also looking into making my own.

Look at all those hand made tools ! Can you adopt me and put me in your will?

Nice rack ! (Never thought I would say that to a guy) :unsure:

Casey

WOW.....and I am having an hard time coming up with a slanted "project" tool rack (you know it hold about 6-8 tools and 1-2 knifes). I want it slanted towards the worker. This tool rack is going to be left at my Tandy LF where my Guild meets just because I feel like I am carrying a worksite box everytime I go in there to meet the O.F.C. club.

Anyways, yours came out way more better than I could have dreamed of so far. Ways to you!!

Greetings from Round Rock, Tx

Get a piece of 4x4, slice off a wedge lengthwise with a tilted table saw blade, and then chock the piece under the drill press with the wedge you cut off and drill holes in the sliced off face. Does that make sense?

That is a nice piece of workmanship, Darryl

Man, Nice. If you are anything like me, you better have another one of those laying around (Just In case) LOL....

:thumbsup:

I really like it. I want one. Guess I will have to talk dh into making me one. I like the front of it where you put your knives.

Look at all those hand made tools ! Can you adopt me and put me in your will?

Nice rack ! (Never thought I would say that to a guy) :unsure:

Casey

HAHA! Actually I think you may feel embarrassed for having that rack out on display. I think you should send it to me and I will keep it in the dark confines of my workbench for you. :evillaugh:

Looks good - nice job.....

Get a piece of 4x4, slice off a wedge lengthwise with a tilted table saw blade, and then chock the piece under the drill press with the wedge you cut off and drill holes in the sliced off face. Does that make sense?

Planning on the same thing but drilling first and then cutting the wedge out ;0)

Hi everybody,

Well,,, I'm Finally moved in, & have my new shop somewhat setup. My first project was to build a tool rack, to hold most of my stamping/carving tools. I happen to have some Mahogany on hand, so thats what I used. I tried to leave some space for expantion. We can never have "too" many tools,,,right? What do you think??? Take care, Ed

Ed, where did the brass swivel knife come from? Thanks Darryl

Hi Darryl,

That's my new "Barry King" knife I got for Christmas,,,, VERY nice!!

Ed, where did the brass swivel knife come from? Thanks Darryl

That makes perfect sense to me, Tashabear. As I am excused anything with a saw blade will you make me a very big one please? LOL

That makes perfect sense to me, Tashabear. As I am excused anything with a saw blade will you make me a very big one please? LOL
In a heartbeat, if it was warm enough to go out in the garage and use the table saw and drill press. I even have pieces of 4x4 post left over from a home repair project to use. Can you wait till spring? ;-)
Planning on the same thing but drilling first and then cutting the wedge out ;0)
Dammit, that's even better. Now I have to make one (when it's warmer).

Great job it looks real nice. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use your and make a similar one for myself. I don't have mahogany but I do have some hundred year old cypress. I'll get it done as soon as I get off this oil rig and post a picture.

Thanks for the idea.

Tucker

Edited by tgidry