Sign in to follow this  
StefanS

Leather Cowboy Hat

Hi there,

I am about to try to make my own leather cowboy hat. The pattern is from an old Tandy Booklet (Ideas for leather projects... No. 2). Since I'm a beginner, I don't have a clue which leather I should take, split leather or sleek leather and how thick it should be.

I would be thankful for any advice one of you could give me.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan

I would use some leather with a little body to it. unless you want a floppy brim. I would use a oil tanned leather 4 to 5 oz, or a little bit thinner veg tanned stuff. Rob from Indiana

Hi there,

I am about to try to make my own leather cowboy hat. The pattern is from an old Tandy Booklet (Ideas for leather projects... No. 2). Since I'm a beginner, I don't have a clue which leather I should take, split leather or sleek leather and how thick it should be.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan

If the pattern is similar to the old "Hombre" or "Maverick" Tandy patterns, those call for 4-5 ounce leather. They can be made with smooth or suede leather, whichever you prefer.

Stefan,

Im Mai 2009 legte ich die Anweisungen und ein Muster auf meiner Website für einen Lederhut. Ich habe 3 Unzen und 5 Unzen Leder verwendet sehr erfolgreich. Sie könnenbei www.leatherlearn.com aussehen.

Hi there,

Greetings from Germany

Stefan