Sign in to follow this  
Dale

Notebook cover

There was a discussion about antique recently and I thought I would post the notebook I just finished. It's colored with several (4 or 5) different antique colors and some acrylic for the lightest areas. I thought I'd try it this way to see how the color holds up to wear as compared to acrylic.

Dale

Notebook___600.jpg

post-95-1171939483_thumb.jpg

There was a discussion about antique recently and I thought I would post the notebook I just finished. It's colored with several (4 or 5) different antique colors and some acrylic for the lightest areas. I thought I'd try it this way to see how the color holds up to wear as compared to acrylic.

Dale

Notebook___600.jpg

Hi Dale,

Your notebook turned out really nice! The different antique colors you used, were they the antique stains? The only antique I have ever used was the paste and I can't imagine you doing this with those. I like the color and would like to know how you did it.

Waiting to see how the other project looks when it is finished.

Clay

The different antique colors you used, were they the antique stains? The only antique I have ever used was the paste and I can't imagine you doing this with those. I like the color and would like to know how you did it.

Waiting to see how the other project looks when it is finished.

Clay

ummm...what other project?

Yes. All stains on this one including Leather Glow and Hi-Liter. Started with Leather Glow over the whole notebook. Added Hi-Liter over the leaves and the border...didn't really remove much . Add black over the wolf (not too heavy over the head) and remove it in several places like the tail, the head and the lower part of the body. Then, I think, was mahogany and/or medium brown. Much of that was done with a brush and not really removed. Then I mixed a light acrylic for highlights and decided to add it to the background area as well -- just to separate it from the rest of the notebook.

Dale

Dale, Where did you find this pattern? As you can see from my name, I like wolves, so i would liek to get my hands on this pattern.

Thanks

Mike

I like your notebook a lot, especcialy the collouring. Nice webside, too!

I guess I'm going to try leather glow and high liter myself next time