Jaymack

Football Pattern Wanted

I want to make and carve a football commemorating this season for my son's JV head coach. That's American football. Does anyone have a template?

Thanks,

John

Edited by Jaymack

NOt sure if this is what you want and you did not say what size. So here is a large and a small either one can be enlarged or shrunk to the size you need. On the large make sure printer is set to actual size and not fit to frame. It takes a full page.

post-15001-0-44175900-1416078704_thumb.p

post-15001-0-95031800-1416078751_thumb.p

Thanks Camano...I'm looking for the 4 panel template that I can sew together after I carve and dye it just like some of the baseballs I've seen on the forum.

That should be an easy pattern. Are you going to put a bladder in it? If so , what size ?

Go to the salvation army or goodwill, . . . buy one of theirs that has a hole in it for 59 cents, . . . carefully cut it apart, . . . it is a perfect pattern.

May God bless,

Dwight

Good idea Dwight!

Tandy Leather now sells both a football kit and a baseball kit in their 2015 catalogue. A gal I know tooled a beautiful Sheridan design on a baseball. It looked awesome! I haven't seen the football tooled yet.

I bought the cheapest ball of the size I wanted. Cut it at the seems, used one section as the pattern.
...I remember the air hole being a pain to line up and pull through the leather

Hey Nine, I saw your football pictures on the forum's main page. Looks good! I checked out the tandy site for the football kit. $64 is a little pricey

Edited by Jaymack

Thanks. You can get a high school size football at a sporting goods store for $15-20. Then its just the leather, dye, and so on...I reused the lace that came with the football, rawhide would have been a nice, but didn't feel like dropping the extra money.

The undyed leather looks grey. What kind of leather did you use?

Salvation Army, . . . Goodwill, . . . any place that sells used stuff, . . . sometimes see a football i there.

May God bless,

Dwight

Nice job!!! Doing things like this just never enter into my mind. Now I wanna do one. This is a terrible sickness I have, haha.

Nice job!!! Doing things like this just never enter into my mind. Now I wanna do one. This is a terrible sickness I have, haha.