srbonner

Beading Techniques

I borrowed this pic from Double U's gallery because it showes the detail that I would like to figure out how to do. Its probably something really easy and simple but I still new at this and just trying to incorporate new things. There is a bead around the binder and on the scrolls that looks like it about 1/4" wide. I would like to learn how to round over the edges of that bead. I understand and have figured out everything about it bout how to round it off and take away the sharp edges. Anybody have any advice? Ok I forgot the one other thing about this detail i would like to learn to do is dyeing the bead a different color. Is this done by resisting everything but the bead then dyeing? Thank you

post-27488-072447700 1334236137_thumb.jp

Edited by srbonner

if you are referring to the darker edge around the item, i have a feeling that is a rolled edge. KK has done a really good tutorial about wallet guts (its a sticky on the How its made forum) which shows how he does them.

I tried it myself on my first wallet last week and it works really well.

Why not ask Double U Leather how he did it

in his post with his Smalll 3 Ring Binder Daytimer

Small 3 Ring Binder Daytimer