rawcustom

How Many Ways To Screw Up A Project

Just needed to vent my frustrations and highlight my stupidity on my latest project. I guess it hasn't helped that work has been extremely stressful and demanding the past couple weeks to the point where I'm unsure of future employment, but that would only be an excuse.

Started off with a couple knife orders to fill by hunting season and have been working steady on the one needed rush rush. Had to order in special handle material for the order and boy did I make great time as I roughed out the 2 pieces I ordered... for the same side. Reorder handle material, fill the wait time with leatherworking to keep the project moving ahead, employed a local laser marking company to burn a requested logo on the sheath, carved in initials and got everything ready to sew just in time to get the new handle material and finish the knife. Packaged everything up and dropped in the mail this morning. Walking back from the post office, I go to text the customer and notice his prior text messages spelling out the initials, that I cleverly transposed when I carved them on the sheath. I doubted that the initials were to be dyslexic friendly so back to the post office and was surprised that I was actually able to get the package back.

Now I've cut the logo off the sheath, figuring a way to place it as an inlay or similar on new sheath (otherwise more time and more $ to burn another logo) and hopefully I will put the initials on correctly this time around. I guess when it rains it pours, or maybe I need a less stressful job like flipping burgers to fill the 9-5 gig.

Yeah man. Sometimes when it rains it pours. I have to just walk away sometimes when I can't seem to get it right and then come back...usually after a couple beers and try again.

I was planning on giving myself a Fight Club style beating, maybe beer would be better.

Raw we've all been there. I understand the frustration and anger. I'm gotten down to the end of a project and spilled dye or got the edging dye on the top of the project and it's awful after you've put all that work into something. Hang in there guy, things just got messed up a lot on this one project. Put it behind you and have that beer! Cheryl

I was planning on giving myself a Fight Club style beating, maybe beer would be better.

I can say with certainty that I would take a beer over a beating any day!

LOL, rawcustom.... let's not do the beating. I feel for you, though. Nothing like those frustrating details.

The non dyslexic version. Plus my new maker stamp from Phillips Engraving arrived yesterday just in time to use.

post-42611-0-43110900-1408893206_thumb.j

post-42611-0-55209200-1408893210_thumb.j

Looks good! I got my makers mark from Phillips as well. Super nice guys!

Congratulations on sending it off.... again. ;) Looks great!

Thanks. Phillips Engraving was great to work with. I looked into delrin but my design had too fine of lines for an effective delrin stamp.

I emailed Phillips and another stamp mfg, one that shows up first on the search engines. Phillips dressed up my image, engraved the stamp and had it a couple days in the mail before the other place even got back to me. The other place was also about 4x the price and trying to pitch me on upgrades on top of that. Glad I contacted Phillips.