fitabull

Thinking Of Purchasing A Used Adler 205-64...thoughts?

post-21855-0-51130200-1422453627_thumb.jI'm needing a new machine that can handle the heavier work I'd like to get into. I'm currently operating with a JUKI LU563, and she's one heck of a workhorse for what Ive been doing over the past 4 years (3 plys of polyester webbing) but I want to start making thick leather collars/agitation collars etc...and I fear I'm maxing her out at 1 ply of 9-10oz veg tan with a thin pigskin lining. I'm looking for a machine that will still allow me to make my webbing collars but also allow me to do thicker leather projects as well.

Could this be my upgrade machine? It is used and the seller is asking $2000 CAD, firm. Good price? It's also convenient for me, as the seller is literally 2 km's from my house, so there would be no shipping costs involved.

I have posted a pic of the actual machine that is for sale. Any info from people experienced with this machine would be greatly appreciated!

As long as the machine is in working order, RUN to go get it. You've found a great deal on a fantastic machine.

As long as the machine is in working order, RUN to go get it. You've found a great deal on a fantastic machine!

Good to know! Thank you!!! I think I have made my decsion then :thumbsup:

Ive been in contact with the seller (longtime leatherworker) and he has offered to give me lessons on it as well and show me everything there is to know re oiling, servicing etc. Bonus is, if I have any questions or help, he's just down the road!

You **might** be able to get a little better price on the machine, but then you'd have to pay shipping (which wouldn't be cheap), and possibly duties on it. Getting personal instruction from the previous owner, as well as some mentoring on that specific machine...you're coming out waaaaaaay ahead on this deal. Happy for you....now if I could just find something like that around here.

I had one, heck of nice machine and in the same circumstances would buy it again.

You **might** be able to get a little better price on the machine, but then you'd have to pay shipping (which wouldn't be cheap), and possibly duties on it. Getting personal instruction from the previous owner, as well as some mentoring on that specific machine...you're coming out waaaaaaay ahead on this deal. Happy for you....now if I could just find something like that around here.

I had one, heck of nice machine and in the same circumstances would buy it again.

Thanks so much guys, You've really made my decision that much easier, glad I posted. I'll be picking her up on Sat!