adonissawan

Stopping The Leather From Stretching While Stamping / Tooling Your Leather.

Good day

Most of the time when you are stamping the leather, it will stretch. To avoid leather stretching, most methods out there is using a glue to glue the leather to a card board. This is ok but it is messy and taking the leather of the card board will leave marks on the leather.

I have learned a better way that does not leave marks and very fast and simple to use and I would like to share it with you all.

Use PAINTER tape and tape the back of your leather peace before you start stamping (Tape ALL the back side). The leather will stop stretching and it will be simple to remove it without leaving glue traces.

Happy Stamping and Tooling.

www.lecuir.net

https://www.etsy.com/ca/people/lecuirnet

yeah. the use of painter's tape to reduce stretching has been covered before on here numerous times. another suggestion discussed before was adhesive contact paper.

Edited by LTC

I used clear packing tape once, that worked but left the backside really furry/fuzzy. I think the painter's tape would be a better option as it releases easier than heavy clear packing tape.