setingm

Can You Please Help Me Identify What Kind Of Calf Leather Is This One.

Hello

Can you please help me identify what kind of calf leather is this one. And at what tannery can I buy it. I am located in Europe, France or Italy would be equally good.

I am trying to do tote bag, and it looks as great leather for the project. If you have any suggestion let me know.

Thank you.

post-62628-0-18902600-1432163154_thumb.j

To be honest, looking at that picture, I can't tell if it is rubber, vinyl, or leather. In order to get the information you are asking, a few pics of the backside of the leather, an unfinished edge, a thickness measurement and a closer look at the grain side would help. Even then the tannery would be a mystery without the brand name and model of the original bag.

Perhaps what you are asking is what type of leather YOU should use to get a bag like this? In a lot of cases the materials used by people here far surpass the quality of the mass produced ones.

Not sure by looking at that photo but since you are in europe Im sure you can find a suitable equivalent from AA Crack. They have tons of leather in that style.

@jk215, @TinkerTailro

Thank you for your responses.

I finally found what kind of leather I want.

It's BOX CALF. Now I need to figure out who are producing it.

I found TANNERIES DU PUY and TANNERIES ROUX in France. I managed to buy one skin from DU PUY, ROUX have large minimal order.

Does any one know any other tanneries that produce BOX CALF ?

Thank you very much

Calf leather seems to be more common in the bookbinding world. Try inquiring at book binding suppliers