Chief31794

Some More Stuff Out This Week

Here are a few more Items I put out this week. Been a busy week for me since Resogat 2015 (Annual gathering of dobro pickers in NC).

Chief

post-6362-0-05826700-1437310505_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-79516100-1437310506_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-81811400-1437310517_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-95678300-1437310519_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-94066100-1437310521_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-22715700-1437310538_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-87531200-1437310539_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-54075000-1437310541_thumb.jp

Didn't know there were that many dobro players out there! Just the antiques like us. :rofl:

Bob

Didn't know there were that many dobro players out there! Just the antiques like us. :rofl:

Bob

There are, if you get a chance you should visit Reosgat next year, solid 4 days of picking, learning, and having fun. Lot's of pros show up and players of every other level.

Chief

Those are sharp looking.

How did you do the pattern on the belt? I really like that.

Those are sharp looking.

X2

Nice stuff as usual Chief. I enjoy seeing your work.

Those are sharp looking.

Thanks, The pattern on the belt is called "Arrowhead", it's been around a long time. I have a video on youtube demonstrating how it's done. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3r71MNPm20

X2

See post above for link to youtube video, thanks.

Nice stuff as usual Chief. I enjoy seeing your work.

Thanks Rohn.

Chief

That is some super clean work!

Thank you for taking the time to do and to post that video.

I made my first guitar strap from a pattern from Joice at Black River Laser after watching one of your videos. I don't know anything about guitars or how a person fits a strap. I made a sample to test and it turns out fat fellers need a bit more cowhide so they are not wearing the guitar as a necklace.

That is some super clean work!

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to do and to post that video.

I made my first guitar strap from a pattern from Joice at Black River Laser after watching one of your videos. I don't know anything about guitars or how a person fits a strap. I made a sample to test and it turns out fat fellers need a bit more cowhide so they are not wearing the guitar as a necklace.

Thanks, On large guys, I extend the strap 2" maybe a little more for very large guys say up to 4", after that if they need more, I make the back strap longer. I hope I mentioned in the template video (I know I did in some of them) that they can be used to make larger or smaller items and how to do that. Hope that helps.

Chief

Chief,

You do a great job on those videos and I'm sure it's mentioned in there and it's mostly common sense if you know what you are building and how to use it. If it were a rifle sling I'd have no issue, I've used one or two or them. I've never even had a guitar strap on. I run a security crew for concerts and never paid any attention to guitar straps, I've seen hundreds. Gary Allan's tech took sympathy on me this weekend and gave me a hands on course on them. Obviously at that level he has one for each of the many guitars he uses and each one fits different depending on the use or even the song. They are just like rifles only the music is different. I even thought they only attached one way, he showed me a multitude of different attachments. I certainly understand the custom nature of guitar straps now, before that class I just assumed they were all the same.

Edited by Oldtoolsniper

Chief...Thanks for posting the video...thats very, very helpful.

Nice work as usual!!!

I really enjoy your work. Thanks!

Chief,

You do a great job on those videos and I'm sure it's mentioned in there and it's mostly common sense if you know what you are building and how to use it. If it were a rifle sling I'd have no issue, I've used one or two or them. I've never even had a guitar strap on. I run a security crew for concerts and never paid any attention to guitar straps, I've seen hundreds. Gary Allan's tech took sympathy on me this weekend and gave me a hands on course on them. Obviously at that level he has one for each of the many guitars he uses and each one fits different depending on the use or even the song. They are just like rifles only the music is different. I even thought they only attached one way, he showed me a multitude of different attachments. I certainly understand the custom nature of guitar straps now, before that class I just assumed they were all the same.

Thanks,

Chief...Thanks for posting the video...thats very, very helpful.

Nice work as usual!!!

I really enjoy your work. Thanks!

Thank you, glad the video helped.

Chief