Latest Guitar Straps

This one is for my niece

20151215_160654_zpskdprxd9w.jpg
20151215_160708_zpsrldpfqco.jpg
20151215_160715_zpsk1ci9oqv.jpg

The next two are a little different

Eddie Van Halen strap

DSC02933-2_zps8jj6p7dp.jpg

The letters glow in the dark, and the strap looks slick under black light on stage.

DSC02934-2_zpsp8iuuzww.jpg

Then a Christian Heavy metal rock strap. He has a guitar a very similar color

received_10103136596183030_zpsvg7gq0c8.j

lookn good how does the Van Halen strap attach to guitar? spring clip thingy

Really nice, was wondering the same thing about the strap attachment on the Van Halen strap, I see those used on Banjo Straps a lot but I've never seen it used on Guitar Straps?

Chief

What do you find more popular, the buckle adjust or the slots?

lookn good how does the Van Halen strap attach to guitar? spring clip thingy

Eddie Van Halen, use to make/assemble his own guitars from cheap parts from the 2nds stack. He used eye screws instead of strap buttons, and put snaps on his guitar straps. Now its part of his performance schtick, even though guitar manufacturers make his guitars for him now, but they all try to include the vibe of his original frankestein guitars.

What do you find more popular, the buckle adjust or the slots?

I do not like slot adjust, so I quit making them.

Thank you,

I dont like the slots because they look busy, i guess the biggest concern is making sure the buckles cand damage the insturment,

Am going to connect with some folks i know in the music biz and work some stuff up, custom straps are nice, seen some beauties and get inspired, i like yours, do you use airbrush for the coloring?

Like on the red/white/black one,,,,

Edited by Kulafarmer

Thank you,

I dont like the slots because they look busy, i guess the biggest concern is making sure the buckles cand damage the insturment,

Am going to connect with some folks i know in the music biz and work some stuff up, custom straps are nice, seen some beauties and get inspired, i like yours, do you use airbrush for the coloring?

Like on the red/white/black one,,,,

You will find a mixed bag with guitarist on guitar straps when it comes to buckles and conchos. There are folks who won't want anything metal near their prized guitar, guys who don't give a shit if their axe gets scratched, and folks who wont ever think about it.

When I first started making these guitar straps, I got a few scathing PMs from folks on this forum begging me to reconsider my design because guitarist wouldn't stand for the possibility of their guitar being scratched by my guitar straps. I build custom guitars, and I know a few Nashville session guitarist and a few famous cats who play guitar. Not one of them has ever said to me that they didn't want or like the buckles and some of the straps I have made sit on guitars worth A LOT of money.

I try to keep the heavy part of the buckle above the main strap, folks who aren't into the western belt buckles, I use a leather keeper, no end piece, and plain buckle like you would find on a horse bridle.

received_10103120989503940_zpsppnv1c54.j

Realistically, if you have them measure the strap length correctly, the buckles and adjustments are just for looks. A lot of those big gawdy over the top guitar straps from the 70s and 80s had buckle sets that were nonfunctional.

Yes, I do use an airbrush whenever I can. Makes quick/clean work of most finishing tasks. Plus, avoiding alcohol based dyes on guitar straps keeps the leather supple and not stiff. ANGELUS leather paint is the best Ive found to date.

Some straps I have to hand paint because I am not that good with an airbrush

VanFlowersStrap2A_zps8f2db16c.jpg

Edited by Colt W Knight

Basically, make what you like, and other folks who like them will order from you. Or you can try to offer a variety or take custom orders. The problem with most custom orders with guitarists is that they either don't know what they want or they go ballz to wallz and think they know what they want but in reality they are just trying to pack in as much crap as possible into one build. I have now learned, when someone approaches me to build a guitar and they started acting the latter, I turn down the build. The best are folks who come to you and say, I dig what you are doing, and I would like to have one too - I want these features and the rest is up to you.

@Knight

Cool beans bud, thanks for all the input, your stuff is real nice, and edgy, one thing nice about finding this site is how it opened my eyes to possibilities beyond gun leather and saddle work,

Thanx for helpful info

I sent that guitar and strap to my niece and fedex lost the package!

I really like the EVH strap, nice work.

Allan

I sent that guitar and strap to my niece and fedex lost the package!

Hope it was insured bud, is a bummer.