Chief31794

My Last Project For 2015, Happy New Years To Everyone

Happy New Years to everyone, this is one of the best forums I've ever been associated with, very nice people, lots of talent, and more information than you could hope for. Hope everyone has a great 2016.

This is the last project out of the shop in 2015, it was shipped to Canada on December 31, 2015.

I'm not sure why, but he wanted a Wolf's head, an Indian Name of the area where he lives, and a Maple Leaf. This was the first time I'd tried using "printable" transparencies for the wolf's head and the maple leaf, they worked okay, but don't seem to have a lot of life, I think I'll keep using tracing film until my hands are too shakey to trace.

Chief

post-6362-0-39773200-1451655405_thumb.jp

I did a very simple 2 layer belt, . . . stitched of course, . . . 46 1/2, . . . saddle tan, . . . for my last 2015 project.

It goes to my son's father in law, . . . if he ever gets over here.

Happy New Year to all, . . . like chief said, . . . this is one great place to be, . . . y'all take care.

May God bless,

Dwight

Good job Chief.

Here's some background info for you on the area the guy is from.

Muskoka, also the name of the district municipality is one of the better known areas in Ontario https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_Municipality_of_Muskoka not at last because of Muskoka Publishing and others involved in the tourism industry, which is one of the main industries of Ontario. People there are usually quite proud of their area. It's bordering to world reknown Algonquin Park, hunting and fishing in the area are among the best in Canada. A little to the south is Orillia, home to Ontario Provinical Police training facility and where the Police Academy movies have been made. Well at least the academy buildings have been used. I'm having a few friends and relatives living in this area.

Oh and sorry I forgot... Happy New Year to you and all others as well.

Edited by Thor

I did a very simple 2 layer belt, . . . stitched of course, . . . 46 1/2, . . . saddle tan, . . . for my last 2015 project.

It goes to my son's father in law, . . . if he ever gets over here.

Happy New Year to all, . . . like chief said, . . . this is one great place to be, . . . y'all take care.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks Dwight

Good job Chief.

Here's some background info for you on the area the guy is from.

Muskoka, also the name of the district municipality is one of the better known areas in Ontario https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_Municipality_of_Muskoka not at last because of Muskoka Publishing and others involved in the tourism industry, which is one of the main industries of Ontario. People there are usually quite proud of their area. It's bordering to world reknown Algonquin Park, hunting and fishing in the area are among the best in Canada. A little to the south is Orillia, home to Ontario Provinical Police training facility and where the Police Academy movies have been made. Well at least the academy buildings have been used. I'm having a few friends and relatives living in this area.

Oh and sorry I forgot... Happy New Year to you and all others as well.

Thanks Thor, I had asked him about the name and he told me what it was about, named for an old chief. I have a lady in North West Canada that orders pretty regular, she gets wallets with Indian Symbols and names that she provides, some interesting stuff.

I have attached a couple of the wallets I've done for her in the past.

Chief

post-6362-0-07560000-1451658731_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-35576100-1451658733_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-04350200-1451658734_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-77285400-1451658734_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-78814700-1451658735_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-56044300-1451658737_thumb.jp

Looks like Haida Gwaii linked or even origined symbols. I used to live in central BC so that stuff is pretty familiar to me.

In Ontario a lot of things like cities, trails, and of course municipalities are named after native chiefs. Half my Canadian relatives are living across Ontario. Tecumseh is just another Indian Chief that is very popular in Ontario. I believe he was from around Chatham/Kent area. One of the most famous cities is Kanata a suburb to Ottawa. This is an Indian word for town and name giver for Canada. So there's quite a tradition to use Indian names.

Well done chief, that's only a bout 45 minutes from my place. Thor are you a fellow Canuck?

Edited by TheModifier

Nope I'm German, just a PR to Canada. But moved back to Germany some time ago.

Nope I'm German, just a PR to Canada. But moved back to Germany some time ago.

Thor, thanks for the info. I lived in Germany for about 11 years (US Army Retired), I lived in Wurzburg, Schweinfurt, and finally in Wertheim. I left Wertheim in 1985 and would like to visit Germany again some day but probably won't make it.

Chief

Wertheim changed so much. I took final courses and exams for police training there. And you won't believe it but the old US facilities were our police facilities then. The province bought the areal shortly after the forces left. So we used your old gym (was burned down not to long ago - they wanted to prevent having more refugees living there - the whole place was changed into a refugee areal) and I lived in the old living quarters to the south eastern end. Almost all US military facilities have been abandoned now. Stuttgart and Ramstein will remain of course. A friend from Heidelberg told me that even the facilities there have been abandoned and are turned into refugees areal now.

That's amazing, Wertheim was a beautiful place when we were there (not necessarily the base, but the town and local area).

Chief