xlr8tn

Guitar Strap

Check out this web page - the thing is called a round button hole punch over here in the UK. They do come in different shapes and sizes so make sure you get the one you need. They also work well with the little brass posts used on Sam Browne belts.

http://www.bowstock.co.uk/acatalog/Punches.html

Edited by UKRay

i just used a 3/8th" hole punch and then about 3/4" up from that or so...i punched a 3/32" hole...then cut a slit between the 2...

the button hole punch...i never found one large enough for what i wanted...and i already had the other punches...and works just dandy...

darryl

Edited by sodapop

the button hole punch...i never found one large enough for what i wanted...and i already had the other punches...and works just dandy...darryl

It took me ages to find one the right size, Darryl. I eventually got one in a box of old saddlers tools I bought at auction and I hadn't even seen it was there. With a price tag of almost $45 I don't think I would have purchased one new given the amount of times I actually use it.

Punch the 3/8hole, then use the pippin to make the slit I'm amazed that Ray found a large one, I've not seen one that big...1/4 and 3/16 is all I can come across.

The problems I've found in making the peg holes on a strap is the varying sizes of pegs. 99%, the 3/8 will work. Some guitars have a wide top peg, but the hub is 3/8. I've found that the length of the slit, whether 3/4". 1", or longer is the key to a tight or loose fit.

Punch the 3/8hole, then use the pippin to make the slit I'm amazed that Ray found a large one, I've not seen one that big...1/4 and 3/16 is all I can come across.

The problems I've found in making the peg holes on a strap is the varying sizes of pegs. 99%, the 3/8 will work. Some guitars have a wide top peg, but the hub is 3/8. I've found that the length of the slit, whether 3/4". 1", or longer is the key to a tight or loose fit.

My punch was 'blacksmith' made more years ago than I care to think. I don't think it was made for guitar straps... LOL

My punch was 'blacksmith' made more years ago than I care to think. I don't think it was made for guitar straps... LOL

I found great oblong punches at this site;

www.brettunsvillage.com

They have fast friendly service too!

Kim