Needle Crook

10" Chase Pattern Splitter For Sale

I'm selling a 10" chase pattern splitter, top and bottom rollers. I bought it from Bruce Johnson last July. Everything is still in perfect working order and the blade is very sharp. I am selling because I just bought a Cobra class 14 and don't need it anymore.

Located in Lake Elsinore, Ca

Asking $400

post-48284-0-79883100-1454550137_thumb.j

Newbie question: Would this work for splitting down 4/5oz veg tan for wallet pockets? or is this more of a specialty tool?

Newbie question: Would this work for splitting down 4/5oz veg tan for wallet pockets? or is this more of a specialty tool?

You would probably want something like a Cobra splitter for that, something machanical, where the rollers pull the leather through. These are mainly for belts, reins, etc

How this works is you manually pull the leather through the splitter and the top and bottom rollers help guide it through. The 10" width is mainly to get a longer life out of the blade by cutting from different parts at a time. 3" width is probably the max you can pull through, all I ever did is pull 1 1/2" belts.

There are more experienced people on here who may have better input them me though.

Thanks,

Jed

Are you going to the Prescott Leather show? If so or you could get it there, I am interested in buying it back. Most everybody I know that could pick it up for me down that way is north of LA. I am tied up until the show, but otherwise we'll figure some way to get it.

You would probably want something like a Cobra splitter for that, something machanical, where the rollers pull the leather through. These are mainly for belts, reins, etc

I figured that might be the case. Thanks for the explanation!

Are you going to the Prescott Leather show? If so or you could get it there, I am interested in buying it back. Most everybody I know that could pick it up for me down that way is north of LA. I am tied up until the show, but otherwise we'll figure some way to get it.

Hi Bruce,

No I'm not going to the show but I could always ship it to you?