SouthernCross

Can I Re-Mold A Leather Holster?

I have a cheap leather shoulder holster (Barsony) that I picked up for pocket change a while back, and wet molded it to fit a single-action revolver that I no longer use very much. The leather isn't very stiff or finished. Can I re-wet and re-mold it to fit another gun? I didn't want to risk messing it up and thought I'd ask here first.

Provided of course, the sewing and clearances are in the right places, you should be able to make some molding changes: but only if you are correct and there is no real finish on it. If it is actually finished and sealed, . . . you may not make out so well.

If you do try it (it's only pocket change if it doesn't work........) make sure you come back with a good acrylic finish, like Resolene (50/50 mix with water) and you may even want to give it a couple of coats. That should harden it up quite a bit.

Also, when you try this, . . . make sure the water is at least 110 degrees, but not over 130. If you have a floor register or other means of drying it over low heat (absolutely not over 130 degrees), . . . that will tend to harden it a bit too.

May God bless,

Dwight

I will say yes you can. I've done it to several holsters although Dwight is correct. The finish suffers a bit so you might have to re-finish it but that's easy.