RockyWolf

Hi All from Rocky Wolf home of CelticWolf Leather

Hello from CelticWolf Inc,,

Thanking you for letting me lose on the forum...Right a little about RockyWolf Then sorry to bore you all LOL CelticWolf (brand) and RockyWolf Inc (company) has been running for about 20 years making bespoke Leather items from Hog seats to belts most of my trade is from the UK's Biker Clubs my work has been by word of mouth ,I myself come from a Cordwainers background that I traced back of just over 100 years with some of them working on Hose tack at one stage in Ireland from what I can find out..... resentley moving on from just doing Leather I have started to hand craft some buckles mostly with a Anglo-saxon design Casting them in the back yard and removing my eyebrows at one time .. having spent a bit of time up in the north of England learning celtic knot work and then moving over to Ireland for (15 Years) to study more design and art ... I have been enjoying looking around this forum and must say it's very nice to see other artisans works of art and skills used in crafting Leather on the internet and a forum that is willing and open to share the knowledge to other crafters..I have always enjoyed encouraging folk to our work and will tool and make items on my stall at my local Saturday craft market letting the kids loose on bits of scrap has been good fun and quite Inspiring when they ask about tools and where to get them I have now started stocking a few basic tools ... Looking forward to meeeting you all around the forum at some stage..

Dave(Rocky) Wolf

Edited by RockyWolf

Welcome Rocky wolf! Sounds like an interesting mix of skills you've picked up, good ta see ya here! Another uk'r hurrah!

Another uk'r hurrah!

Thanks for the welcome PIP I'm not quite a full UKer though Made in Canada 1961 dad's an Irish Canadian and mum's a France Canadian

I'm suprised that I wasnt named "Heinz" But have enjoyed my stay of most of my life in Ireland and the UK. There is a lot of new intrest in working with Leather in the UK know over the last few years Its never been as big as what it is the USA and Canada due to the big hobby side of things thanks to Tandy and Summer camps and Scout movement.. Over there but things are picking up in England due to the internet I think just got to keep it alive...

Dave Wolf

Edited by RockyWolf

Hi Dave welcome to the forum we are glad that you came by, Don

Hi Dave welcome to the forum we are glad that you came by, Don

Hallo danke für Ihr Willkommen Don.

I noticed gun leather there I am also a very keen westen style shooter in the UK and just love gun rigs somthing I would love to do myself...when I make some time to play around..that is I love Germany on my last vist I got to fly back in a air amblance due to over doing it at the Oktoberfest.. I am looking forward to a return and planing both the Oktoberfest and the Cannstatter Wasen in 2009 with 30 otherbikers..

Dave Wolf