I made this bag from a spectacular piece of Bison (mahogany) hide that I purchased from the buffalo leather store and it also has dark Bison and a rustic Bison, the piece on the front is elk antler. I sanded it flat and drilled all the holes for the threading to go through both the leather twice and the antler. The strap is a heavy nylon with the dark Bison where it will rest on the shoulder. It also has a nice size pocket on the back.

post-23486-0-26412500-1401745027_thumb.j

post-23486-0-43785000-1401745039_thumb.j

That looks good and the antler piece really sets it off. You're correct, that is a killer piece of leather.

That looks good and the antler piece really sets it off. You're correct, that is a killer piece of leather.

Thank you sir, I really enjoy make bags for people, especially hunters and fishermen.

That really is nice. Good work there.

Sweet!

I am yet to make a bag, but folks like you are really getting me kick started to try one soon!

I just need to get up the nerve to hack into the side that was just delivered!

I am yet to make a bag, but folks like you are really getting me kick started to try one soon!

I just need to get up the nerve to hack into the side that was just delivered!

The best thing to do is go to a dollar store and buy the plastic place mats for the diner table and use them to make your templates. That's what I use for everything I make.

The best thing to do is go to a dollar store and buy the plastic place mats for the diner table and use them to make your templates. That's what I use for everything I make.

That is a great idea! I currently use file folders and they are still a bit fragile at times. The Dollar Store is in my future! Thank you.

The buffalo makes for a great looking bag. It's got loads of character.

Thanks for the great tip!

I think, just as those who came your way before me, The Bison makes for a beautiful bag indeed, and the antler just says (I belong here)

Nice workmanship too ! Its very beautiful. As the others too, Thanx for the placemat tip !