Sign in to follow this  
nomi

selling gun molds for making holsters

Just recieved answer from the eBay guy: onlythe four Glock 17/22 molds left.

Rob

All of those dummy guns that he has/had came from Duncan's. They're from the early days when Duncan's used to provide an excellent replica. I stopped buying from Duncan's over a year ago because of the poor quality that they now provide.

I bought five of the aluminum guns from the guy mentioned above on eBay. It was a positive transaction.

I just picked up three more in April, they were fine. I have 20 of there aluminum guns one was delivered with a broken hammer, but otherwise OK.

They do seem disorganized and the very nice gal on the phone new very little about guns and barrle lengths.

They sure beat buying the real thing for every new model.

Still, I am looking for an alternative. Ireally like to be able to cast my own from plastic and end up with a solid chunk of plastic like a Red Gun to build around.

I wonder if movie props of guns would work. I know they're fairly close to the right size and such.

- Noel

AKRob:

You're correct - the price for the dummy gun is far better than what you would pay for a genuine version (~$45 vs ~$450). The quality of the detail on the Duncan aluminum guns has declined dramatically. If you're not molding holsters with a great amount of detail, then it's not as much of an issue. We mold ours with a fair amount of detail, so the Duncan guns (newer versions) do not work for us. A word of caution on the Red guns - they've got a history of being "out of spec." I've only got one of the red guns, and it's worked fine for me.

nomi:

The movie prop guns are certainly a possibility. I've used a couple of them myself. They average about $100 in cost, and are usually set up to fire blanks.