Sign in to follow this  
Mike

swap python skin for veggie tan?

I have a python skin thats over 3 yds long. I guess that's about 3 meters in length. About 11" at the wide part.

I do not have any immediate plans for it but I do need tooling leather. (veg tan 2 oz, 4 oz).

Let me know if anyone needs snakeskin.

Ok, I know the stuff sells for 79.99/mtr at Tandy. But I ain't Tandy. I need to get some leather so I can make some checkbooks and wallets. That would be 3-4 for the backs and about 2 for interiors. Probably all of it veg-tan so I can color it however I need to. If you want python for a decent price or want to trade leather, let me know.

BTW, I know this python can be used for purses, billfolds, checkbooks, belts, frames, etc... but I'm more of a carver.

Edited by Mike

I am still your friend..... LOL

Hey mike... if I had the money or the leather I would have me some python skin..... I sold my baby about a year ago... she was 12 foot long... I was planning on letting her get to about 20 feet long and then turn her into a nice pair of boots.... but i didnt want to go through the tanning process with her, so i sold her.....

I got this skin a few years ago when I was earning a decent living. Since then I've been too underfunded to afford new stuff. Now I am going through my collection trying to see what I can sell to buy supplies to work with. I've even got a shiny black frog skin. I have no idea why I have that. I keep it away from the python skin.

I found a second python skin. 16 x215 . It is a small one like the 9500-02 that Tandy sells. It's a bit over 2 meters in length and is a complete skin.

If you are curious, here is what a frog skin looks like.

FROG.JPG

post-5060-1196188361_thumb.jpg