BearMan

Zack White Leather,,,

Hello everybody,

I just recieved my first order of Choice 5-6oz tooling leather from Zack White. When I unrolled the leather, it has a quite visable compression,,, or vascular kind of pattern on the surface, which kinda had me concerned. So, I cut off a small piece, to do some test tooling on it. After dampening the leather, I drew a quick design to tool. The leather cut like "butter" , very easy & clean. While tooling, I noticed that the tooled areas burnished very well while stamping. The leather took the impressions very well, concidering it is only a 5-6oz piece. Overall I am very pleased. The only drawback I could notice, is that the leather wanted to "grab" the tools somewhat,,,, BUT,,, that could be just that I didn't case the leather properly first.

The pictures here are of the test piece,,,, no oil,,, no finish. I will be ordering more!! Just thought "Ya'll" might like to know... Ed

Zack_White_test_piece_2good.jpg

Zack_White_test_piece_Good.jpg

post-7175-1238700285_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1238700298_thumb.jpg

Ed, those markings look like fat wrinkles to me. Personally, I LOVE them! They add so much character to a project.

Nice carving, by the way. :spoton:

Kate

Hi Kate,

Yes,,,, I believe that's what they are,,, I really like the look of them too!

Ed, those markings look like fat wrinkles to me. Personally, I LOVE them! They add so much character to a project.

Nice carving, by the way. :spoton:

Kate