So, I started this purse sometime late last winter.

It has been a few boo-boo's along the way and I had to put it aside or going crazy. The total pattern, purse and tooling is all original and I experimented some during the process to make it right.

On the front is some frogs, and a snail, on the back more frogs and a chameleon and a few dragon flyes. The lid has the last bunch of froggies, just love the little creatures:-)

I have a matte finish to it all except the frogs and the snail, I added a high gloss finish on them. All is dyes with Angelus spirit dyes (just a few spots with Angelus leather paint in white and black). I also use up the last now of my "old stock" antique finish from Tandy)

Beautiful - great color, amazing tooling. I love seeing stuff like this - true art on top of the craft!

:notworthy:

Matt

Wow, Tina! Lots of work on that one. Braiding, lacing and sewing. Not to mention all that carving. :notworthy: The frogs are adorable! (I am also a frog fan.) And I really like the way you incorporated the braiding and beads into the flap tie with the concho. And the pop of green for the liner is great. Excellent all around! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Tina, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! You are truly gifted.

Love everything about the purse! I'm a big frog fan, also. I even have a tattoo of a frog.

Thanks for sharing!

Great Thank you all 3:-)

The purse is going to a girl that collects frogs so I guess there's a load of frog-lovers out there :banana:

Outstanding, as always!

Ray

Awww this one is going crazy all the way around!!!!

Don't wear this one in a djungle....you'll bring the home all the frogs and snails!!

The tooling is top notch as usual and the coluring is to dye for!!!

I don't know how you can keep topping yourself all the time, started smoking again???;-)

Seriously, :You_Rock_Emoticon: and then comes :jawdropper: the colouring! Exceptional!

Lilbro

Let me add a WOW, outstanding. I like it all the way around. Ton of work there.

Enjoy it!

Regis

SuperThanks guys:-)

No bro, no smoking yet...It's the hobby (leather) room that keeps that away:-)

And here is an example of how to take something "cute" and go beyond the "crafty" look to make it into a piece of real art. Nicely done, Tina, as always. Boo-boos? We're always our own worst critic, aren't we?

Kate

Tina, Your work always is great,You Rock !

And here is an example of how to take something "cute" and go beyond the "crafty" look to make it into a piece of real art. Nicely done, Tina, as always. Boo-boos? We're always our own worst critic, aren't we?

Kate

Thank You Kathy for your kind words:-)

I do have proof of the boo-boo, I'll post it up. When it happend some months ago I gor fed up and put it all aside...This is my GREEN boo-boo..................

Tina, Your work always is great,You Rock !

Thanks a Load, I'm so glad you like it:-)

booboo.jpg

post-5624-1246054167_thumb.jpg

Tina,,,, Outstanding,,,, Again!! You know how much I love the more natural designs,,, well, all I have to say is: "You Done GOOD"!! Ed

Tina,,,, Outstanding,,,, Again!! You know how much I love the more natural designs,,, well, all I have to say is: "You Done GOOD"!! Ed

A million Thanks Ed :thankyou:

Trying to recreate mother nature is not an easy task, it's already perfected :banana:

I do have proof of the boo-boo, I'll post it up. When it happend some months ago I gor fed up and put it all aside...This is my GREEN boo-boo..................

Ah, okay... I didn't see a boo-boo because it was a do-over, not a fixer-upper. :head_hurts_kr: Lemme guess... knock the dye bottle over? I noticed when I got my samples of Angelus dye that it comes in domino-shaped bottles that are very easy to tip over.

Kate

Ah, okay... I didn't see a boo-boo because it was a do-over, not a fixer-upper. :head_hurts_kr: Lemme guess... knock the dye bottle over? I noticed when I got my samples of Angelus dye that it comes in domino-shaped bottles that are very easy to tip over.

Kate

Yup, exactly that's what happend *LOL* Knocked the little :ranting2: over and of course, it had to be the green, not the neutral...Of course!

I agree, the bottle is a design flaw. I have bought a whole bunch of empthy babyfood jars at a sale somewhere in the neighborhood, they work really nice and real easy to reach with the brush too.

Tina, this work excellent.  :thumbsup:

I congratulate.

Tina, this work excellent. :thumbsup:

I congratulate.

Thanks a load:-)

I had great fun making this one, as long as the green dye bottle did not turn on me//

all i can say is SWEET!!!!!!! excellent work love the frogs and leaves the whole thing pops !!! or hops eighter way its SWEET!!!

keep up the excellent work.

maddhatter

Hi Tina,

Quak........Quak this are really amazing frogs in the jungle.......very very nice

Quak from Bavaria

with blue guys after a beergarden visit

Johann

So, I started this purse sometime late last winter.

It has been a few boo-boo's along the way and I had to put it aside or going crazy. The total pattern, purse and tooling is all original and I experimented some during the process to make it right.

On the front is some frogs, and a snail, on the back more frogs and a chameleon and a few dragon flyes. The lid has the last bunch of froggies, just love the little creatures:-)

I have a matte finish to it all except the frogs and the snail, I added a high gloss finish on them. All is dyes with Angelus spirit dyes (just a few spots with Angelus leather paint in white and black). I also use up the last now of my "old stock" antique finish from Tandy)

Tina,

Fantastic work....over the top as usual!

Always a Tina fan....

Bob

Thanks a Load, I'm so glad you like it:-)

Tina,

Having done the exact same thing myself, I made myself a little dye bottle holder that would contain spills. It's just a wood block to hold the dye bottles upright, mounted in a pan to contain any spills. Super easy to make and really handy! I'm going to make a new one that fits the dye bottles I'm using now. It holds my edge dye pens, a few brushes, daubers, open caps....anything that could get knocked around and contaminate my project. I usually put a couple of shot bags on either side of the pan to keep it from getting knocked around. I just thought this might help someone who hasn't ruined a project yet by spilling their dye bottle..... :)

Bob

005.JPG

post-7682-1246295706_thumb.jpg

all i can say is SWEET!!!!!!! excellent work love the frogs and leaves the whole thing pops !!! or hops eighter way its SWEET!!!

keep up the excellent work.

maddhatter

*Laughing out loud*...Hopping:-)

Hi Tina,

Quak........Quak this are really amazing frogs in the jungle.......very very nice

Quak from Bavaria

with blue guys after a beergarden visit

Johann

Another one that makes my tummy ache *LOL*

Tina,

Fantastic work....over the top as usual!

Always a Tina fan....

Bob

Tina,

Having done the exact same thing myself, I made myself a little dye bottle holder that would contain spills. It's just a wood block to hold the dye bottles upright, mounted in a pan to contain any spills. Super easy to make and really handy! I'm going to make a new one that fits the dye bottles I'm using now. It holds my edge dye pens, a few brushes, daubers, open caps....anything that could get knocked around and contaminate my project. I usually put a couple of shot bags on either side of the pan to keep it from getting knocked around. I just thought this might help someone who hasn't ruined a project yet by spilling their dye bottle..... :)

Bob

Super Thanks for your kind comments Bob :-)

I love the way you have the dyes, it all makes sense, I have to make something like this for the bottles. I almost always dilute/blend etc with my colors so I have them in old babyfood jars, I love the hight of them. One of the few times I had an original bottle on the table...Of course I just had to knocked it over *grrr*

that really looks great

Great Thanks, I like the small jumpers:-)