robertmeco

Boots And Saddle Show

The boots and saddle show will be here in a couple weeks, looking forward to seeing some of you there

I will be there on Friday all day. This will be my 4th year to go. I stock up on a lot of stuff for the up coming year at this show.

I plan on being there as well. Some people may not have responded because you didn't say the Boot and Saddle Makers Roundup in Wichita Falls Texas. Been going for several years, it has been the best place to buy anything related to leather work, some of the exotic hides are just amazing. Prices have been great as well.

I enjoyed myself at the 2014 Wichita Falls Texas Boot and Saddle Makers Roundup, and I thank all of the vendors for bringing their wares to my area. I just love the smell of leather when I go into that room.

I got to meet two of our celebrities in person and visit for a bit with each. The lovely and famous Bespoke Cowboy Boot Maker Lisa Sorrell, and the helpful and well-known sewing machine man Bob Kovar (Sr) of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines.

Lisa is so fun to talk to I could have stayed there for a while, but she had a line of fans to say hello to her, so I moved along. Bob was busy too of course, especially when that loose thread got hooked on a boot and began paying off of the cone like a fishing line. I got a big kick out of Bob telling us that we should see it when the floor sweeper catches a loose thread!

I had fun, and came home with some new goodies.

CD in Oklahoma

Enjoyed my time there as well. I was however, very disappointed at the obvious decline in the number of vendors again this year. Several of the larger vendors that have been at the event in the past for many years were visibly absent. I hate to say it but the way things are looking there may not be a Boot and Saddle Makers roundup for much longer.

It would be a really bad day if the show were to discontinue. As far as I know it is the only leather related trade show in the entire State of Texas. I sure hope this won't be the last show. In my opinion one thing that might bring in more people would be to expand the scope of the event to include holster makers, belt makers and other general leathercraft folks. Having a big name holster maker give a seminar would be fantastic.

In any case, I still got to visit with some friends and picked up some things at great prices.

Hello CD,it was good to finally meet you I was hoping you'd come around & we could talk some more,but I know how it goes everybody gets busy & then it's time to leave.

I thought there was quite a few less people at the show,the aisles weren't as thick w/people as previous years.but I like to go & meet people & see new things at the show.

I agree they should include holsters,belt makers & general leathers maybe that would help the show to do it?As long as it's leather related it should be included in the show.