Sign in to follow this  
pella

Hello and here's some of my work

Hello,

i'm happy to join this board, i am a saddler, i make mostly dog collars, leashes and horse bridles, i do not make saddles yet. I do want to make a western saddle soon. I do repairs on them for now.

I learn most of what i do by myself, i study fine leatherwork at school but working with heavy leather is self-taught. I hand-stich most of my work.

Marie

:welcome: Pella!

How did you find the board? Your work is good looking- I hope you post more pics. How long have you been doing leatherwork? I'm glad you are here, and hope you enjoy the forum. We are lucky to have leatherworkers from all over the world with all sorts of talents. They are a friendly bunch, too- hey, someone get Marie a cup of coffee and a doughnut, please? Make yourself at home!

Johanna

Both are beautiful pieces, but I'm really fond of that Celtic themed piece. It seems wide for a dog collar? No matter what it's for, it sure is gorgeous. I like your use of color on it.

i do not really know how do i find this board...well i was on google oh yes! i was looking for canadian leatherworking guild...seem there no one.

I study leather 4 years but mainly for Maroquinerie (french term) all kinds of bags, wallet belt, anything but saddlery, machine are not made to live in harmony with me...I preffer my hands and awl. I begin making repair on harness i was still living in the city, i liked the smell of the horse on the leather...then we move here in remote village. So i began more seriously doing some bridles, halters...try them on horses, first where not really good looking, but i made a lot of search over the web, looking at actual bridlework and with the precious tips of Verlane and her booklet, i finnaly made up to something nicer. I now live only of my leatherwork since about a year and it go better and better.

I am always looking to improve myself as i wish to achieve high end products made the old way.

i post other work, i will surely come back here often to ask for questions/tips and to share my connaisance if needed! I read many subjects on the forum already and it is a nice place

Marie

nb: wide collar are for sighthound (greyhounds, salulis, whippets, etc...)

Welcome! Very nice work!

thank you :)

I did not answer the question about how many time i'm doing leatherwork, already more than 10 years i live with leather but it was not always as much as today, now it is my life!

Now you've done it Marie. You let the cat out of the bag. My ol' Border saw that collar you posted and now I have to make him a new one ... lol! Nice work and welcome. Thanks for sharing; looking forward to your next.

Bienvenue Marie! :wave:

Je suis aussi du Québec! Je demeure à Montréal et j'aimerais bien aussi, un jour, suivre des cours au Centre des Métiers du cuir de Montréal.

J'ai vu vos pièces sur votre site web et elles sont magnifiques!

Au plaisir de voir d'autre de vos créations!

And a translation for all of you who don't speak french ;)

Welcome Marie!

I'm also from Québec. I live in Montréal and would like, someday, to go to the Montréal Leather Related Jobs.

I saw your pieces of leather you make and there are gorgeous!

Hope to see some of your creation soon!

allo Patrice,

Thank you for the comments

happy to meet another from our province. Wish you have the chance to study to the CMCM, Maxence is a very good teacher and they give beginners classes sessions (outside of Cegep) They teach hand stitching basic.

allo Patrice,

Thank you for the comments

happy to meet another from our province. Wish you have the chance to study to the CMCM, Maxence is a very good teacher and they give beginners classes sessions (outside of Cegep) They teach hand stitching basic.

:excuseme:

Really? Outside cegep class? Wow! I would like to know more about those classes for beginner!

I'm working for CSDM (Commission Scolaire de Montréal) as professional, and working 35H per week. So, i cannot attend full time study. But, if you tell me that i can attend beginner courses, i apply right now!

Thank's fois information!r th

Hi I spent most of 2005 & 06 in Montreal, i met a young woman that did realy good hand stitching on a bridal that was learning leatherwork, I met her at finigans flee market in Hudson not one of you young ladys by chance?

Hello Don! What a surprise, internet is amazing...yes, it is me. Welcome on the board!

ah good i thought it maybe you as i thought i recognised your work on the bridal, glad to be here and missing Montreal. Don