I haven't posted anything for a while, so here are a couple items I have done over the past couple weeks.

The card cases are done out of roo and colored with spirit dyes.

The wallet is turned out ok, I really dont like the colors the customer picked, but I like this design I drew up for this. I have attached uncolored pics of the wallet in progress.

I would love to hear some critiques. Take care all.

masonic_front1.jpgmasonic_back1.jpg masonic_light_brown_front2.jpg

LN_chief2.jpgLN_chief3.jpgchief_done.jpg

masonic_front1.bmp

masonic_front1.bmp

post-50-1201099081_thumb.jpg

post-50-1201099098_thumb.jpg

post-50-1201099184_thumb.jpg

post-50-1201099197_thumb.jpg

post-50-1201099474_thumb.jpg

post-50-1201100641_thumb.jpg

Major, they look great to me, keep up the good work.

(ps. how is everything on North Ave & Western, i did

live in that neighborhood for a few years )

Luke,

Thanks. That's an interesting area nowdays, slum on one side, yuppie's on the other. kinda strange. I am around Cicero and Montrose. The whole city is changing man. I can't wait to make a break for it.

Real good looking work there Major, the carving is just right.

Ken

Nicely done Major!

it all looks pretty good to me!

some interesting colors but, turned out well

Hi Major,

Thank for sharing the pictures. I agree on the color of the masonic one. Don't care for the yellow that much. I do like the way you used two sizes of seeders on the flower. That's kind of cool and I hope I remember to try that sometime. Your decorative cuts could use a little work, so could mine! I was sitting next to a lady at a class in Sheridan one time that showed me how to do them really easily, but as soon as the class was over, I forgot how she did it. Someone here that is good at them should give us some hints.

I like the indian. The scrolls are nice, but to me it's a little distracting where the stems just reappear on the other side of some of them. I think it would look better if a stem continued on behind the big scrolls. This coming from someone that cant draw floral patterns.

You always do nice stuff, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Clay

Hi Major,

Thank for sharing the pictures. I agree on the color of the masonic one. Don't care for the yellow that much. I do like the way you used two sizes of seeders on the flower. That's kind of cool and I hope I remember to try that sometime. Your decorative cuts could use a little work, so could mine! I was sitting next to a lady at a class in Sheridan one time that showed me how to do them really easily, but as soon as the class was over, I forgot how she did it. Someone here that is good at them should give us some hints.

I like the indian. The scrolls are nice, but to me it's a little distracting where the stems just reappear on the other side of some of them. I think it would look better if a stem continued on behind the big scrolls. This coming from someone that cant draw floral patterns.

You always do nice stuff, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Clay

Clay and others,

Thanks for the compliments and comments. I agree on the decorative cuts. It is something I have been struggeling with for a long while. Maybe one day i'll master it.

Now that you mention the stems on the scrolls, I think I will re draw it. That would look good. I never even thought of that. Thanks!

That's some sweet stuff, just got to tell you I love the masonic item with just the black colouring.

Tom

Nice work Shawn. I like the card cases, but I think the "plain" one looks better to me. Workmanship is good on both though! I love the wallet, very nicely carved.

Me, I'd leave the blanks in the scrolls, but I'm weird that way. Shake up perceptions. It would probably make the old-school Sheridan types pucker right up though!

Brent