King's X

Saddle "Man's" Bag & Clutch Purse

It has been quite some time since I posted any pictures, but I wanted to show off my two most recent detailed projects. The Saddle "Man's" bag was made using a Jesse Smith inspired bag design. I spoke with Mr. Smith at the Boot Show and told him what I was doing. he was very interested in seeing the project completed. The bag was made for S & Grins. It has two pockets. The rear pocket is specifically designed to carry my 12.1" laptop and the front pocket is a modified "piano" type pocket that carries everything else. The gold/silver buckle, I picked up at Tandy on clearance for $4 bucks. The flap design is a an F.O. Baird design. The basket weave is a large Barry King stamp. The gussett was made with a suede and all hand stitched.

Finish:

Carved, oiled (olive oil), neat lac and then Eco-Flo Saddle Tan Gel.

The clutch purse was another gift for the wife. She now has 6 purses/checkcovers/wallets. The pattern is a current selling Regency Clutch pattern (?) that was allowed to use by the local Tandy manager. The finish is the same as above. The interior is a Chaylor-Fennell "Roo" insides in medium tan. The lace is a medium tan and was completed in a Mexican Round braid. The snap was a just a line 24 snap and I coverted a concho as a top tab.

I hope you like them. Any questions or comments are always appreciated and accepted.

Happy Holidays.

PC043927.JPG

PC043928.JPG

PC043929.JPG

PC043930.JPG

post-6330-125998973669_thumb.jpg

post-6330-125998974897_thumb.jpg

post-6330-125998980393_thumb.jpg

post-6330-125998981928_thumb.jpg

Edited by King's X

Nice Job King's X

I like the design of the lap top bag. I have been thinking about the same kind of bag for a lap top. Like the saddle bag look. You also did a really nice job on the clutch purse. Do you have any pictures of the insides of the bag I would like to see how your pockets look.

Thanks for sharing the picture and keep up the great work.

Mark

Both are just beautiful Sam. Wonderful Tooling and your stitching and lacing are superb. I love to see your work. My best to you.

Beautiful- both pieces! Cool idea for a bag... looks like it would make a great purse, too. :-)

I only have one suggestion and that would be to incorporate a border for your sewing around the strap slot and concho areas instead of sewing over top of your tooling. Great job, I wouldn't mind if Santa dropped them into my stocking. thumbsup.gif

Crystal

To MarkB

You got it. Let me get a chance this weekend and I will fill it up and get some photos up. Thanks for the comments.

To Deno

Coming from you, I am truly appreciative of the comments. I am glad you like it.

To Crystal

What is your address? Since you said it would also be a good "purse" I cannot use it now! I mean I would feel like the Progressive dude that gets totally dissed by his wife on that commercial with Flo. So, what is your address? I do appreciate the comments.

Much appreciated and Happy Holidays to you all.

Sam, I didn't mean it looked like a purse! head_hurts_kr.gif That is definitely a "man bag"! I just loved the idea.

I can't possibly accept such a wonderful gift without having something to send back. If Santa Sam would be willing to share the construction pattern, that would fit very nicely into a stocking.

Thank you for the more than generous offer. grouphug5vj5.gif

Crystal

Okay, what is your address and you will get a copy of the pattern.

Ho, Ho, Ho.........Jing, Jing, Jing..........

Edited by King's X

Wow just amazing Sam, that's stunning work.

Josh

nice job love them both

great tooling

David

Jbird

Thanks man, I appreciate the comments!

DScott

I appreciate the comments and I sent you a PM regarding your request.

Both pieces are stunning. Great job.

Edited by outcast

Thanks for the great comments you all.

I have to commend you on the tooling. Your work looks great.

I do have to admit though, when I first saw this bag, it did bring the Geico commercial to mind. It is much more "acceptable" for a male to carry a computer in a bag than it is to carry your checkbook, wallet, car keys and stuff like that. You will just have to let it slip out what you are carrying. :)

Aaron

Thanks.

King's X

I don't know how I missed this thread. Those are wonderful pieces. You did a nice job on the lap top case [man case]. The tooling and stitching came out nice on the first and I love that Mexican round.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Happy tooling

Tim

I appreciate the comments Tim. I hope to post some other items by this weekend.

Happy Holidays!

Hi Sam,

Great Job!! I really like both of them. Very clean & sharp. Ed the"BearMan"

I love the F.O. vibe it is an aesthetic that is timeless. Super clean man beautiful work as always. I made a small ladies purse using a pommel bag pattern that came out nice but no where near as classy as this. I think the idea of re-interpreting The saddle bag etal for the street is awesome.

Incredible work!!

Any chance you would help me with the dimensions of your man bag? I have been kicking around a bag like this to make for men that want to carry a laptop. If there is a pattern and/or more information online would you share that with the less than computer literate of us?

Thanks! Merry Christmas ~

Sam,

This is another of the posts I missed. I like both pieces....you did a great job!

Bobby