4.5 oz Horween Orion leather. Stitched inside out and then turned right side out. I used Irish linen thread from Royalwood Ltd. and a Vergez Blanchard pricking iron @ 9 spi. Too bad the stitching is on the inside. I like to see it usually.

Tandy Pro Edge paint on the handles and top edge of the tote. If you haven't tried it it's actually made by Fenice from Italy, the stuff rocks!

Inside the handles is just some cotton piping cord from Joann's. I'd like to find some stiffer wool felt cord.

I'm pretty happy with it and ready make the next one better.

Approximately 12 x 8 inches.

post-43646-0-32755400-1408593392_thumb.j

post-43646-0-38441900-1408593397_thumb.j

Edited by thefanninator

Very nice! Between yours and Claire's, I see I need to sew my handles much further down on the next one.

I really like the simplicity !

This one has been sitting around awhile and I finally finished it. I like the way the handles are sewn on much better.

post-43646-0-76809300-1412430506_thumb.j

post-43646-0-16357500-1412430508_thumb.j

post-43646-0-55650600-1412430509_thumb.j

Nice! This one, if possible, is a 50% improvement over your first one. It looks great!

I still enjoy the simplicity of these two bags.

A question if you don't mind ?

In stitching these handles on, did you sew them on before you reversed it inside out ? or the other way around ?

Not that it matter at all, I just wondered while looking at its simplicity. --------------- Wild Bill46

These two were made before I knew to put the handles on first. The bodies were made of two pieces, stitched together then turned right side out then the handles were stitched on. Don't do it that way.

This one was made of one piece for the body. The handles were stitched on first, then stitch the body and flip right side out.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=58466

Edited by thefanninator