Sign in to follow this  
Tac

Greetings from Arizona

Being new to the forum, I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.... My given name is Jerry, but all my friends call me "Tac".... It's a nick-name I picked up, after the "police academy" movies came out.... Short for "Tackleberry", who is the gun-nut cop...... I'll leave the reasoning as to why I got labeled with that name to your imagination... :)

I am a working cop (Sergeant), Firearms Instructor (Department Range Master) and a cowboy action shooter.... Most of my projects are work related or directed at my other shooting related hobbies.

I took an "industrial arts" class in Jr. High School, too many years ago to remember, and that was my intro to leather crafting.... I re-discovered it out of necessity, when I needed to repair a holster.... before too long, I was buying out half of the Tandy store and building all kinds of gear for my guns and work items... next thing you know, I'm being asked to make holsters/gear for the guys at work.... And having fun doing it...

Most of what I have learned regarding leather work has come from trial/error, reading books and on-line, or in forums like this one, with a video or two thrown in. I have stuck pretty much with what I know ( I know guns and holsters well), and am just starting to open my eyes to the multitude of other projects out there.

Anyway... that's me... Thanks for having me.

-Tac

Welcome Tac and may I say thanks for protecting us. I don't think cops get enough thanks.

I look forward to seeing some of your projects - and guns. I love 'em.

Art

Hi and welcome Tac!

Good story and introduction.

Seem like you have come to the right place and the Tandy store will get more visits from you;-)

We love to see pics so feel free. People is always very kind and "bad" criticism is an unknown term.

People are also very friendlyminded and there seem to be no secrets among members here so don't hesitate to ask for anything. No matter ho good you are there is always something new to learn in here.

Coffee is good but don't eat the donuts, last time I heard some nut was dipping them in formaldehyde to preserve an aging breed;-)

Tom

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum Tac. All of us here love to see photos so post a bunch!! The forum has quite a few of us "westerners" from Arizona!! I work in a saddle shop in Wickenburg and build all of the holsters and knife sheaths. I have learned a lot from books and from trial and error.

Rick Jorgenson

Welcome Tac,

I would love to see some photos of the differnt Holsters you made,

I love old revolvers and western style holsters, which also crosses over into the steampunk catagory as well, Iv been asked already by a few people if I could make holsters for costumes but had to tell them that thats still a few years off for me ;)

anyways, welcome and look forward too seeing your stuff!

Welcome aboard Tac!!!

Welcome Tac

:welcome: