KBCustom

Back Grounding And Bevelling

I recently posted a thread about this issue and was given some tips I tried. My issue seems to be a dried out rough looking edge within my carving design. I've included pictures of the leather laying flat and bent to show the issue. I've also included a picture of how deep I am cutting with my swivel knife. The things I've tried: I have started casing my leather for 24 hours prior to cutting or bevelling. I never bevel or cut unless the leather is at the perfect moisture. I starting cutting less deep and bevelling less deep. The last thing I did was bought a better grade of leather. Can anyone see the issues I'm facing or am I being way too picky about my work?

Hi,

I don't see any included pictures in this post?

Try replying to the original topic you've created. The folks who helped you there can see that it's a topic they're involved in, which will help them find you. It will also get bumped to the top of the "new content" list when you reply on it.