Sign in to follow this  
Mudruck

I Can't Believe That The Bearman Did This To Me!

So I ordered a maul and couple burnishers. Got them in a box a little bit later and ever since I took the things out of the box....

Now I do not have enough tooling to do! censored2.gif

Wow, the balance on the maul is out of this world. I mostly do tooled work so I got a 21oz maul to give me a few more ounces then the 16oz AS maul I had. The Bearman maul is far and above the AB one. The head materials can't even be compared. Not even in the same ballpark. The balance can be described like the maul isn't even there. The AS maul always felt front heavy and after tooling with it for a couple hours your wrist would really start to feel it. With the Bearman maul. it just balances so well that it makes long tooling sessions so much easier on the wrist. No bounce either, it hits like a deadblow hammer.

They even added a USMC medallion to remind me of my Beloved Corps when I'm using it. notworthy.gif

The burnishers are out of this world too. Have only used them a few times now, but they do exactly what they say they will. A little water/saddle soap mix and the edges burnish up quickly and look amazing. Much faster then doing it by hand! I think I'm going to need a few more out of them too, the little cone one is looking really handy for getting into belt slots in my holsters and such.

Well, of course a thread like this one is useless without pics!!

post-20113-000071800 1335548273_thumb.jp

post-20113-014752600 1335548418_thumb.jp

Edited by Mudruck

I can't wait. I've ordered a burnisher for my drill press and it should arrive any day now. You've got me thinking I need to order a maul now too.

Bob

I agree, Bearman & Beary Mauls are the way to go, just too nice not to have one. Just to add drool factor to the thread, here's a pic of the custom 28oz maul Beary did for me last year with a gallery grade Amboyna Burl handle (I supplied the wood).

post-10543-033634000 1335552869_thumb.jp

post-10543-033634000 1335552869_thumb.jp

post-10543-052995800 1335552858_thumb.jp

I can't wait. I've ordered a burnisher for my drill press and it should arrive any day now. You've got me thinking I need to order a maul now too.

Bob

Yea, I didnt think that a maul would make that big of a difference, but the balance of the maul really helps a lot. I got the BBS handle and it is crazy comfortable.

Yea, those drill press burnishers look gorgeous! If I had a drill press, I would for sure be getting the HMS one! For now I have to settle for using my dremel to finish edges.

Wow Chris!!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!! That is some awesome functional art there!

Edited by Mudruck