Sign in to follow this  
spurdude101

Need Ideas For A Jig

I'm have a small production run of oval belt buckles for a local ranch. so I have to stamp the name of the ranch along with a horse type logo. these have to be uniform and look good, as well as being relatively fast to produce. so, I'm thinking of a jig for the lettering, as trying to get each one right by hand will be impossible, for me anyway. then using a press to imprint the cased leather. the press is another story, I was thinking about an old reloading press I have. could modify it somehow. any ideas? thanks

Maybe you could talk to one of the stamp makers here and have the whole design put on one plate, then use an arbor press.

As far as Press Ideas, We use a shop press for a couple of clicker dies, not sure how a re-loading press would work. If you need ideas for embossing plates, check out duckcreektraders on ebay. Listings are under leather tools and treatments. They are out of Ponca City OK. They have embossing plates made from a polyresin. I think they do custom plates as well. They are pretty reasonable in their prices. Hope this helps - Deb