NoahL

Blackberry 8830 Holster Pattern

Hello everyone,

Well, I broke my holster for my Blackberry 8830 last night while jumping out of my car to try and avoid the 8" of water that collected in my parking space (I failed). I now have a replacement holster on the way, so I decided to dismantle my broken one, lay it out, and trace it to make a pattern, so here it is in case anyone wants it:

Blackberry 8830 Holster Pattern

For your reference, the circles with the M's inside indicate where the magnets were for the closure flap. You will also want to put a groove down the center of the inside to leave room for the rollerball, otherwise it will get smashed and damaged over time. The side flaps are elastic on the original holster, but I don't think that is really necessary. Also, if you want to get really fancy, you can put one of those thin little watch-battery-sized stainless steel magnets (they usually come with cheap magnetic bulletin board strips, like from IKEA) at the very bottom of the back of the holster, and that will tell the Blackberry to go into holster-mode.

~Noah

Thanks for sharing. Hobby Lobby has something like those thin small magnets. I found a 10 pack for a buck and half.

Appreciate it.

No problem, guys, and thanks for the tip on the magnets, Kings X!

~Noah

hallo!

the link dos not work. it's possible to send me the pattern?

greetings from germany

swievel knife

Edited by swivel knife

Ditto on the dead link. Copy if possible, please?

Sorry for the dead link, guys--apparently mediafire doesn't keep files forever. I'll hunt up the PDF when I get to work (I scanned it at work so that's the computer it's on) and once I find it I'll re-upload it.

Hi Noah,

I got a request for a Blackberry 3g Curve. I'm not a smart phone guy...wil your pattern work for that phone?

Thanks,

Dave

Here you go, guys, try this one:

http://www.filefacto...ter_pattern.pdf

Hi Noah,

I got a request for a Blackberry 3g Curve. I'm not a smart phone guy...wil your pattern work for that phone?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

The Blackberry Curve is a bit smaller than the Blackberry 8830, but it will still work--the Curve is probably about 1/8" narrower and just a hair thinner.

Thanks Noah! I really appreciate your help.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The Blackberry Curve is a bit smaller than the Blackberry 8830, but it will still work--the Curve is probably about 1/8" narrower and just a hair thinner.

Not sure how old this post or link is but it doesnt work for me. Any idea's would be appreciated.

THanks

Rex.

I just tested it and it still works fine for me, but they have added some popups and junk to the website it's hosted on so I'm putting it back up on mediafire anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ghbo1poygqa707c/blackberry_8830_holster_pattern.pdf

The link does not work. Can you send a different link or send it to me on email?

I have a blackberry and would love to make a case for it...

None of the links above work for me. Is there a chance

anyone has a copy of the pattern that they could share?

It would be good of you could make the pdf file a jpg.....

Thanks in advance

Look at http://leatherworker...one#entry203688 for some ideas

Here is one for a BB Torch 9800 ripped apart. post-16698-0-49815600-1350150400_thumb.j

BB Case 9800.pdf This pdf has not been scaled, so if you turn off scale to fit, it will print actual size. I suspect you may have trouble reading some of my notes. My writing has become very shakey some days over the past 5 years.

The OEM BB Case was sewen on a serger likely so has almost zero seam allowance. So probably add at least 1/8" all the way around. For thicker leather, use more. The front and back magnets turn off the screen when in the pouch. Sensor is in the back of the BB. So with a magnet on the front and back, it doesn't matter whcih way it goes in the case. Cut the strap extra long. Depends on your leather thickness as to how long it actually needs to be. Thicker the leather, longer strap required. The microfibre lining is not shown in the photo. You could use any soft leather with the suede (flesh) side against the phone. Kind of wipes it like the microfibre stuff does.

Dimensions for BBs are available on their site, for the Torch 9800, see http://ca.blackberry...-specifications

If the case is made too snug, the little switches on the sides of the phone will be activated when the BB is forced into the case. That will cause software/firmware problems and can cause the BB to hang. Then the battery has to be removed, so the phone can reboot. Your client won't like that (even if it is for your phone).

Tom

Edited by northmount

Thank You Tom

For taking the time to answer me and to post pics and

pass along your tips and tricks. Very Much Appreciated!

Thank You Sooo Much for your Help!