Aggie99

Real Novice From College Station Texas Here

I've recently gotten interested in leather working, mainly because I want to make some sheaths for a few knives and axes/hatchets. Like the thread title suggests, I am a total novice and other than doing some leather stamping 30 years ago I've never done anything with leather. I stopped at a Tandy store last week and got a few basic tools, and went to a local bookmaker and scored some remnants for free. Also went to a local granite store and got a free slab for a base when pounding.

I'm really looking forward to learning more, and getting started in a craft that I will not only enjoy but get much use from.

By the way, I'm a father of two, including a son who is a tiger cub in cub scouts, so I'm looking forward to working with him as well as my 9 y.o. Daughter to do some cool craft projects together.

I've already learned so much by trolling on here, especially where head/round knives are concerned. Currently I'm looking to buy a quality used knife.

If hand sewing, you might want to invest in a poly pad for pricking. -- Tex

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome ! i've just joined a few days ago and have nothing but good things to say about it and my fellow members . loads of good advice floating about from a lot of pros .

Welcome to the forum! I don't bother with forums much, but this is a great place for beginners, full of info, inspiration, and a friendly bunch of folks. I'm sure you'll love it here

Welcome from N.W. Ga

Best Leather site and people, I know of !

Relax ans enjoy,

Welcome to the forum from another Texas I am just down the road in San Antonio also there is a member close to you Mike S lives closer give him a holler