ABC3

Makers Mark

Who would you recommend to make a steel (high quality) "makers mark" ?

I got one from Infinity, I think in CA, but it took a long time to get. Now kind of rushed.

I have a Customer who wants his "logo" in our product. I have used the plastic ones but need one that holds up a little longer.

Any suggestions?

I used www.phillipsengriving.com fast and good received my stamp in week. Good prices too

I got mine from www.greyghostgraphics.com Ordered it on Black Friday at 6 in the morning, approved the proof at 10:30 that morning and would have had it on the Monday following, but I forgot to put in my apartment number!

Edited by Red Bear Haraldsson

I got mine from www.greyghostgraphics.com

Except he said in the original post that he doesn't really want to use plastic and that's all greyghost offers (delrin...same thing)....

ABC3,

If you are going to use your customer's logo, be sure to get LEGAL permission....essentially, REQUIRE the customer to sign a contract that allows you to use their logo. I know, it sounds silly to have to do so, but it's a lot better than getting sued down the road somewhere.

Also, if the logo is for ONLY that one customer, you should absolutely pass the cost of the logo on to that customer.

Thanks guys - I'll check with a couple of them.

TwinOaks, the Makers mark is for a Wholesale Customer (we have several that we put their stamp in). They all pay for their own Makers mark. I don't see a reason for a contract. Am I missing something.

I'm just suggesting that you have all the bases covered. If you have an arrangement that's working, then keep on doing what you're doing. Besides, if you're wholesaling to someone, you already have legal documentation in place.

Ah, so he did. My mistake. I was just excited over the one that I got. Now I need to improve my game to make something worthy of using it!

Edited by Red Bear Haraldsson

I'll second http://www.phillipsengriving.com/

Great to work with and got me my stamp very quickly.

http://www.phillipsengraving.com/

Sorry, meant to mention this earlier. Saw the link was wrong when it was posted the first time.