Suze

A LW business card challenge - deadline April 1st

Hello all -

Johanna and I were talking the other night and one of the things that she says the site needs some sort of business card for members to hand out. She would like to put something up so that you can print them out for yourselves.

A contest was born, to design a business card for Leatherworker.net

********************************************************************************

CATEGORIES ARE:

Leather tooled - it doesn't have to be business card size - but proportional so that it can be reduced to business card size. (four by six inches if possible)

Computer generated (send in whatever format - Johanna will take care of it)

Hand drawn (can be mailed or e-mailed)

PRIZES (sponsored by leatherworker.net) ARE:

Leather tooled - $50.00 Tandy gift card

Computer Generated - $25.00 Tandy gift card <------this one will be made available to members that want to print out cards to give to friends or pass out at shows.

Hand Drawn - $25.00 Tandy gift card

********************************************************************************

REQUIRED INFORMATION (this can be put on the card in anyway that is pleasing to you.)

Leatherworker.net banner (not needed if you are tooling it - but it should say Leatherworker.net)

http://leatherworker.net/forum/

Education. Entertainment, & Fellowship (only needed on cards not made of leather)

Send your entries in before APRIL 1st - 2009 (no, this is not an April Fools joke)

Send leather entries to:

Johanna Schroer

PO Box 130

New Knoxville Ohio 45871

E-Mail other entries to:

Johanna

admin@leatherworker.net

Please mark on the back of your entry your name and address so that we can contact you (We all know how papers can get "lost" from each other)

Received entries will be placed on Leatherworkers.net for polling by the members of the site to determine our winners. Winning entrees will be put up later for printing.

If you send a leather entry in and you would like to get it back, please send in a SASE with it. Otherwise they will be used as a border in Johanna's office. (that's why the 4 by 6 size >grin<)

You may enter more than once, and you may enter in one or more categories

I was just wondering if any of you are planning on entering this contest? Would ease our minds that someone out there thinks that this is a GOOD idea......

Suze

I, for one, think this is a great idea. I'll try and make some time and cobble something together.

Al

Count me in. At least in spirit in case I don't get off my flabby arse and do something...

Brent

:sign23:

just want to keep this at the top

come on let's see your artwork

This look fun. I will have to try to get one to you.

Randahl

:sign23:

I got a sweet piece of leather from Randahl. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. Anybody wanna whip together some business cards tonight before deadline?

Johanna

did you get the one I sent you ??????

I jsut emailed my entry!!!!!!!!

detail.jpg

randahl.jpg

This would have been a hard entry to beat even if there would have been any other entries! Randahl, it's gorgeous, I will treasure it forever, and thank you! Please PM me with your mailing address so I can send you the gift card. I know you wrote it on the back, but I don't want to make a mistake. You are doing awesome work, and I appreciate you taking the time to do this for LW!

Johanna

post-5-1238699036_thumb.jpg

post-5-1238699115_thumb.jpg

See? I knew I'd forget... A worthy entry for sure though.

Johanna, you want to run another one? Even a just-for-fun one? I REALLY did want to do something, but life prevented me.

Brent

This would have been a hard entry to beat even if there would have been any other entries! Randahl, it's gorgeous, I will treasure it forever, and thank you! Please PM me with your mailing address so I can send you the gift card. I know you wrote it on the back, but I don't want to make a mistake. You are doing awesome work, and I appreciate you taking the time to do this for LW!

Johanna

Edited by howardb

Thanks for setting up the contest. I really enjoyed making a picture to enter. Johanna, thanks for the gift certificate. Will have to head to Tandy soon. Hopefully next time, there will be more entries from some of the others.

did you ever post a card to print out and take with us?

Or did I miss it

There were a couple of business card suggestions, but nothing we could use right now. Maybe inspiration will just hit someone-zap- and we'll get lucky. I can't open the one you sent me, and I tried everything.

~J

I'll see if I can recreate it in some other program "Print Shop" is picky about who can see it I guess.....

DOn't start - I LIKE print shop